Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-30-2013, 12:58 PM

Default Khaba - Mysterious Story Puzzler

Hey Guys

I have a new game thats been in the works for some time now and I hope it is something you would like to try out.

The game is called "Khaba".

I like to describe the game as a mature puzzle adventure for those rainy autumn nights. Our extensive player-tests have shown that the game works surprisingly well next to a warm fireplace with a glass of wine... =)

A more strict way of describing it would highlight a story about an explorer on a treasure hunt, that gets trapped in a dark pyramid. The only way to get out is by rotating and moving orbs that reflect a weak ray of light.
As the explorer descends deeper into the pyramid, new parts of his story is revealed, ultimately exposing his true nature.

The game is unique in its revealing of the main characters inner story, while still offering a rich puzzle challenge for casual players. Other features includes full voice-acting and alternative endings.

Check out the trailer at:http://www.khabathegame.com/

DownloadLink:
https://itunes.apple.com/app/id657312819

Some Promo Codes for your early birds! Please tell us what you think, rate the game on iTunes and vote for us on Greenlight!

7HK44HXPXYLX
W97E4FW7ELEN
F79N466H3FJE
TPENPK6TNWAH
4JPHE3XJXR93
Old 10-30-2013, 10:43 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

All codes taken, and not one person cared to thank the developer nor inform fellow TAers that they had used a code. Downright pathetic and embarrassing behavior.

On a more positive note, this game looks very intriguing to me. It's evident that the devs put much care, imagination, and love into this. Since I was too late to nab a promo code, I will wait and hope that someone who DID get one will post some impressions of the game. Am I expecting too much from folks who can't be bothered to reply after they have snatched codes worth $3.99? Probably. Sigh. I think I'll just take the plunge and buy it after all. It's the least I can do pursuant to all this negligent and shameful behavior by a few inconsiderate people.
Old 11-01-2013, 01:15 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Send a message via AIM to amn624 Send a message via Skype™ to amn624

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharontung66 View Post
All codes taken, and not one person cared to thank the developer nor inform fellow TAers that they had used a code. Downright pathetic and embarrassing behavior.
Agreed. At least thank the developer.

I expect to download this evening. [EDIT] Downloaded!

Last edited by amn624; 11-01-2013 at 03:03 PM..
Old 11-04-2013, 02:12 AM

Thanks alots, you guys! Have you tried it yet? What are you thoughts?

Last edited by HelloThere; 11-04-2013 at 02:24 AM..
Old 11-04-2013, 09:19 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Send a message via AIM to amn624 Send a message via Skype™ to amn624

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloThere View Post
Thanks alots, you guys! Have you tried it yet? What are you thoughts?
So far, am through nine rooms and enjoying it. Shame there doesn't seem to be more activity on the forum. The puzzles are getting harder, more items to try to manipulate, exactly the way I'd expect.

The mood is set nicely and the voice acting is a great touch. Graphics are awesome.

One potential problem with puzzle games like this is quickly reaching a point at which the complexity is just too difficult to deal with. Hints are vital in a situation like that. I haven't seen if they're implemented and if not, that would make for a great update.
Old 11-04-2013, 09:08 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Default Nice game!

Really enjoying the game now I've got into it (I've played through about 10 levels or so). Smoothly implemented, enjoyable puzzles, nice graphics.

A slight suggestion would maybe be to remove just a few of the voice popups-- especially at the beginning, they do slow things down a little bit when really what you want to do is just "get started" with the game. IMO.

But I should say I really like it and, in accordance with your instructions, am about to go and pour myself a glass of red wine

Incidentally, I think the game could be marketed to the educational market as well as the home gaming market.

Best of luck!

Last edited by javamex; 11-04-2013 at 09:13 PM.. Reason: Added important information about red wine accompaniment
Old 11-07-2013, 07:27 AM

amn624
Yeah the game does get alooot more difficult in the later levels, maybe to difficult, especially if you aim for all the scarabs and the story. We might have gone abit overboard with that. =) And sadly we didnt manage to implement a hint system into the game, but we are certainly looking in to it.

javamex
Thanks for the tip! If you dont feel like reading the popups there is an option to close them and only hear the Voice, its in the pause meny.

Haha yeah it really goes well with wine doesnt it =)!

Could you elaborate on the educational market idea? Not quite following you.

Sorry for being pushy but a review on appstore would be very appriciated.
Old 11-07-2013, 07:31 AM

Oh and by the way!

We are trying to get on Steam via Greenlight, so if you are a Steam user and think this is interesting please back us up with a YES vote at:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=179269754
Old 11-07-2013, 07:32 AM

amn624
Yeah the game does get alooot more difficult in the later levels, maybe to difficult, especially if you aim for all the scarabs and the story. We might have gone abit overboard with that. =) And sadly we didnt manage to implement a hint system into the game, but we are certainly looking in to it.

javamex
Thanks for the tip! If you dont feel like reading the popups there is an option to close them and only hear the Voice, its in the pause meny.

Haha yeah it really goes well with wine doesnt it =)!

Could you elaborate on the educational market idea? Not quite following you.

Sorry for being pushy but a review on appstore would be very appriciated
Old 11-07-2013, 05:06 PM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharontung66 View Post

On a more positive note, this game looks very intriguing to me. It's evident that the devs put much care, imagination, and love into this. Since I was too late to nab a promo code, I will wait and hope that someone who DID get one will post some impressions of the game. Am I expecting too much from folks who can't be bothered to reply after they have snatched codes worth $3.99? Probably. Sigh. I think I'll just take the plunge and buy it after all. It's the least I can do pursuant to all this negligent and shameful behavior by a few inconsiderate people.
In my opinion devs who want to hand out promo codes should just do it through private messages. This forces people to actually take the time and write a msg.