• Publisher: WGT
  • Genre: Sports
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 76.9 MB
  • Version: 1.13.0
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Play the #1 free golf and top-rated 3D sports game, featuring famous realistic golf courses like Bandon Dunes, Pebble Beach and St Andrews from the PGA Tour. Single and multiplayer full stroke play and closest-to-the-hole games. World Golf Tour players can use their existing web accounts and virtual golf equipment. Requires a fast internet connection. Does not support iPad 1, iPhone 3 or iPod Touch 4.

Recent Reviews...

* "the head to head play is great" - 5 stars - hispeed68
* "this game is as realistic as it gets" - 5 stars - TyWaHe
* "I love this game for the HD quality graphics, beautiful courses, and great ball physics" - 5 stars - Humbugable

WGT Golf Mobile includes...

* Golf Courses over a dozen championship golf courses, including: Bandon Dunes (Golf Digest #1 rated resort), Bethpage Black (2009 USGA U.S. Open), Celtic Manor (2010 Ryder Cup), Congressional (2011 USGA US Open), Harbour Town (PGA RBC Heritage), Kiawah (2012 PGA Championship), Merion (2013 USGA US Open), Olympic Club (2012 USGA U.S. Open), Pebble Beach (2010 USGA US Open), Pinehurst (2014 USGA US Open), St Andrews (2015 British Open), and Valhalla (2014 PGA Championship)

* Golf Simulation swing, drive, chip and putt using different golf shots from different lies on the tee, fairway, rough, bunkers and greens in this realistic 3d golf simulation

* Game Formats - full 18-hole stroke play with putting and 9-hole closest-to-the hole golf game formats

* Head-to-Head Multiplayer Mode - play real-time stroke play golf games, invite friends to play, chat live, and learn how to play

* Country Club - join a private country club, play in private club tournaments, and earn club rewards

* Golf Tournaments - special tournaments with prizes including the WGT Virtual Tour on Golf Channel and paid Ready-Go tournaments

* Golf Equipment - upgraded virtual golf clubs and golf balls from Callaway, Cobra, Ping, TaylorMade and other top sports equipment manufacturers

* Golf Accessories popular options like Putter Pal, Shot Pal, XP Boost, Level-Up Boost, Hole-in-One challenges and more

* Replays - share your best golf shots with friends via Facebook, Twitter or email via Everyplay
Support - Supports iPad 2 or later, iPhone 4, 5 and 6 or later, and iPod Touch 5 or later. Does not support iPad 1, iPhone 3 or iPod Touch 4.
10-30-2013, 04:10 PM
Has anyone tried this and is it any good??

10-30-2013, 08:34 PM
This is well worth a download, particularly given the dearth of decent golf games on iOS.
10-31-2013, 07:59 AM
Putting seems impossible

I haven't been able to figure out how to gauge putting direction or strength. There are many nice elements in this game, but the putting problem makes it unplayable for me. Any tips?
10-31-2013, 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grist View Post
I haven't been able to figure out how to gauge putting direction or strength. There are many nice elements in this game, but the putting problem makes it unplayable for me. Any tips?
What specifically is the problem? Putting is similar to how it is in most other golf games, for mine.
10-31-2013, 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
What specifically is the problem? Putting is similar to how it is in most other golf games, for mine.
I was addicted to this game in web browser for awhile - if its anything as good as that then its worth picking up.
10-31-2013, 06:42 PM
Quote:
After trying this again today, I realized that the power of the putting stroke is determined by the length of the backswing, which for some reason (perhaps too distracted by the Red Sox game) I didn't notice the first time I played. This still makes for an imprecise putting mechanism, but I was way off base when I referred to it as "impossible".
10-31-2013, 07:02 PM
Gave it a quick try. Looks like it might have potential but graphically everything is very stale, backgrounds are more like photos with no life or movement. And the audio is lacking background noise entirely.

Keep in mind I only did the short tutorial and a 3 hole game.
10-31-2013, 10:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grist View Post
After trying this again today, I realized that the power of the putting stroke is determined by the length of the backswing, which for some reason (perhaps too distracted by the Red Sox game) I didn't notice the first time I played. This still makes for an imprecise putting mechanism, but I was way off base when I referred to it as "impossible".
Keep in mind the "backswing" is nothing more than an adjustable slider you can freely position back and forth as, and anywhere you like.
11-01-2013, 09:08 AM
Quote:
Keep in mind the "backswing" is nothing more than an adjustable slider you can freely position back and forth as, and anywhere you like.
But the backswing movement is not calibrated, hence my statement that the mechanism is imprecise.