★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Trism high scores

12-11-2008, 03:20 PM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Trism high scores

How the hell are people getting scores in the 100s of millions. My personal best is 72 million (mostly from one insane combo that I did not plan) but I usually die in between 1-10 million. What am I missing?
12-11-2008, 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vende View Post
How the hell are people getting scores in the 100s of millions. My personal best is 72 million (mostly from one insane combo that I did not plan) but I usually die in between 1-10 million. What am I missing?
The scoring system was changed in v1.1

In v1.2 the scoring system was brought back to a modified version of the one used in 1.0

There was some abuse with supertrisms, and the rainbow supertrism, this was changed quickly as it was the most broken. Sadly that means scoring isn't as easy as it once was

12-11-2008, 06:05 PM
Send a message via AIM to istopmotion Send a message via MSN to istopmotion
Yeah, umm.... My best is only like 600,000. I've had the game a long time, I think I just suck at it :P

Please follow me on Twitter!
I LOVE all Guitar Hero/Rock Band games. Gamertag is 'istopmotion' Add me if you want a challenge
12-11-2008, 06:09 PM
i got extremely lucky by tilting my ipod like crazy after i erased one group of 3 and chains kept flowing in and it was something like 2.3 million points. Don't know how i did it, i usually suck at the game and have no idea how to set up combos, but now i have that extra mode in infinism
12-23-2008, 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vende View Post
In normal mode these people are doing things such as auroras and eclipses to clear the board and get huge chains going. There is a lot of luck involved, yes. But the longer your chains, the more exponential points you get for each match, so they are getting lucky with that.

BUT there is strategy for getting planned out billions and trillions or points (to easily beat the lucky people in normal mode) is to play starshine mode. Putting starrainbows together in this mode reveals huge combos.
See this, I put 22 rainbows together connected by purple trisms and got 3 Trillion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegantTnT View Post
Sadly that means scoring isn't as easy as it once was
These scores he is talking about are being submitted nowadays with higher scores more than ever. So scoring is not harder now. Starshine mode gives way more points than normal mode, that's all.
But mastering starshine mode to give you billions and trillions of points is a task only less than about 10-15 have accomplished

So yeah Trism is very complex and takes a lot more strategy than you'd think. Sorry to be praising the game so much. It is my favorite
And I currently hold the number one spot in the worldwide scores for starshine mode! 16 trillion in one game (as seen in picture above)

Last edited by Zincous; 12-23-2008 at 04:26 PM.
12-23-2008, 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zincous View Post
In normal mode these people are doing things such as auroras and eclipses to clear the board and get huge chains going. There is a lot of luck involved, yes. But the longer your chains, the more exponential points you get for each match, so they are getting lucky with that.

BUT there is strategy for getting planned out billions and trillions or points (to easily beat the lucky people in normal mode) is to play starshine mode. Putting starrainbows together in this mode reveals huge combos.
See this, I put 22 rainbows together connected by purple trisms and got 3 Trillion!

These scores he is talking about are being submitted nowadays with higher scores more than ever. So scoring is not harder now. Starshine mode gives way more points than normal mode, that's all.
But mastering starshine mode to give you billions and trillions of points is a task only less than about 10-15 have accomplished

So yeah Trism is very complex and takes a lot more strategy than you'd think. Sorry to be praising the game so much. It is my favorite
And I currently hold the number one spot in the worldwide scores for starshine mode! 16 trillion in one game (as seen in picture above)
Wow!
Could you please do a tutorial or something to teach us to not suck at trism?
12-23-2008, 05:39 PM
[QUOTE=Zincous;39924]In normal mode these people are doing things such as auroras and eclipses to clear the board and get huge chains going. There is a lot of luck involved, yes. But the longer your chains, the more exponential points you get for each match, so they are getting lucky with that.

[QUOTE]
Holy sh**!
Nice work

"Insert generic signature here"
12-23-2008, 06:59 PM
Thank you.

And I was thinking about doing some kind of tutorial or helping guide.
Just not sure the best way to do it. Video? Long explanation typing with pictures? Whats the most helpful?

But in the meantime if you want help, Trism has it's own forum with great posts and answers here: http://trism.demiforce.com/forum/default.aspx?g=forum

And Steve Demeter (creator and developer of trism) has posted a couple youtube video tutorials on a couple different areas of the game. (starshine mode being one of them)
Check out those:
http://www.youtube.com/user/DemioneNDF

Thanks again.
12-23-2008, 08:49 PM
Also, here are some good strategy posts to checkout for strategy.

Here are some good posts to checkout:
http://trism.demiforce.com/forum/def...?g=posts&t=609
and
http://trism.demiforce.com/forum/def...?g=posts&t=550

There are a couple others, but you get the point. The forum has a lot of good help as well.
02-27-2009, 06:53 PM
New highscore

27 Trillion

Twitter: @Zincous