Old 10-31-2013, 09:34 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Default Naught 2 by Blue Shadow Games [Universal]

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 10-31-2013, 09:43 PM
Banned
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

Finally! I'll post impressions soon

Edit: Okay, please don't ask our control preferences before every level. That's more of an annoyance than anything else.
Edit: needs auto rotate

Last edited by Bronxsta; 10-31-2013 at 10:57 PM..
Old 10-31-2013, 10:14 PM
Banned
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

First, compared to the first Naught, feels less floaty, like your character has more weight now. Also you can jump, which should open the door for some more complex platforming than the first game.

I prefer touch controls. The accelerameter scheme is weird because you have to rotate the entire device. That scheme lets you make much faster gravity switches, but just feels weird and unwieldly IMO. Touch controls are left/right rotate buttons on the left, tap to jump on the right. Animations have improved as well; Naught reacts to the changing angles (i.e. sliding down near vertical slopes).

Art style seems more textured and colorful than the first, and really adds to the atmosphere.

Gameplay so far is fun, nice level design. Replay value is in the form of hard-to-reach or hidden diamonds, and time trials for every level. Still need to get used to the new physics and controls after playing the first Naught all this week. No IAP

I don't know how it could be done, but I really liked the control scheme from the first Naught, with the left side rotating left, right side rotating right. If there's a way to have that button scheme, and add the jump function somehow, that's the scheme I'd probably use.

Each chapter starts off with a comic providing some story, but it's not clear that you have to swipe to change pages. I thought the game was stuck loading, until I decided to swipe. That might need to be made more apparent.

And as I said in my other post, I hope that control scheme prompts before every level are removed. Orborun had the same issue and it's just annoying. If anything, control options could be added to the pause menu, so players could swap controls anytime they want

Overall, I'm really enjoying the game. It's a big improvement over the first Naught and as a premium game with no IAP, with a good amount of content and more on the way, I'd say it's worth a purchase

Last edited by Bronxsta; 10-31-2013 at 10:17 PM..
Old 10-31-2013, 11:01 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

It was funny that yesterday I asked for the control nag screen to be removed for Orborun, and ironically the update came out just then.

So I will try again to ask here, just for good luck sake.

Happy Halloween, going home now.
Old 11-01-2013, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxsta View Post

I don't know how it could be done, but I really liked the control scheme from the first Naught, with the left side rotating left, right side rotating right. If there's a way to have that button scheme, and add the jump function somehow, that's the scheme I'd probably use.
The 'intuitive' control scheme from type:rider would work perfect.
Tap on left = rotate left
Tap on right = rotate right
Tap both sides simultaneously = jump
Old 11-01-2013, 06:08 AM
Banned
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazer Kat View Post
The 'intuitive' control scheme from type:rider would work perfect.
Tap on left = rotate left
Tap on right = rotate right
Tap both sides simultaneously = jump
You'd think with all the time I spent playing Type:Rider, I would remember that one. That would work really well here

Or Incoboto's scheme. Same method for left/right, but to jump, you swipe up on the side you want to jump toward. So to jump right, you'd swipe up on the right side
Old 11-01-2013, 07:26 AM

Hi everyone,

First of all, thanks to copaeci for opening this thread.

We join you and we will follow this thread to improve Naught 2 ^^

It's very interesting what you're saying about the controls. Reading your comments, in the next update we'll add the option to configure the virtual buttons in the settings menu so that you can place each button where you find it more suitable.

We've also come up with an idea so that the control scheme doesn't need to be selected for every level, but still being easy to change it at any time.

Regarding the comics, we're going to work on it to make it clearer.

Your comments are very helpful because we want to make it a great platform game. ^^
Old 11-01-2013, 04:36 PM
Banned
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

Some impressions from Appadvice

I particularly like the atmospheric graphics and the animations. It's cool how Naught presses against a wall when you're near one or moves into a slide down slopes or bends into a crouch to absorb the force of a long fall.
Old 11-02-2013, 11:11 AM
Banned
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

Anyone else playing this? What do you think of the first boss?
Old 11-02-2013, 06:55 PM

Why isn't everyone freaking out?!? This game looked sooo RADICALLY TUBULAR!