★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Relive the glory days again with this revamped version of the ultimate sports game. The Activision Decathlon features all of its legendary events including the long jump, hurdles, javelin, and the all time classic100 meters! Put your athlete through their paces in single player or go head to head against friends to unlock skills and abilities and reach the top of the podium.

CAN YOU BE AN ATHLETICS CHAMELEON?
Prove your worth in 10 events! The 100m, 400m, 1500m, 110m Hurdles, Long Jump, High Jump, Pole Vault, Javelin, Shot Put and Discus.

TRAIN TO REACH THE STARS
As any athlete will tell you, its all in the training. Earn stars, coins and skill points from great performance in practise events to level up and progress through the game.

SHOP TIL YOU DROP
Who said money cant buy a bit of success? Use your winnings to customise your athlete with more than 30 performance enhancing pieces of gear, training packs and energy supplements.

Features:
UPDATED CONTROLS, GRAPHICS AND GAMEPLAY
8 DECATHLON LEAGUES TO UNLOCK
GO HEAD TO HEAD WITH YOUR FRIENDS IN REAL-TIME MULTIPLAYER COMPETITION
10 ICONIC TRACK AND FIELD EVENTS TO COMPETE IN
11-01-2013, 12:16 AM
Thanks, I couldn't find this in the App Store

240,000+ Game Center Achievement points
Gamecenter ID: Donny K76
PSN ID: donnydj76
Let's go Yankees!

11-01-2013, 01:56 AM
Game Impressions

11-01-2013, 02:16 AM
Fun sport game with 1.99 cent
11-01-2013, 02:17 AM
Hey Sanuku, your thoughts?

BTW, thank you for the videos! You ROCK!!!
11-01-2013, 03:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugimulm View Post
Hey Sanuku, your thoughts?
I hope that Marmalade Play & Activision* bankrupt as soon as possible. Whoever thought that it`s a good idea to add a god damn Timer to a Track & Field Game should please reconsider that a Game where you have to actually play it to have a change to get better in it is worthless if there is a Timer in it that only does allow us a small among of retries before we have to wait to be able to play it again.

Lets put it that Way:

Besides Batman: Arkham Origins from Warner Bros The Activision Decathlon is one of my top two games that are currently running for the Biggest Piece of Shit Award if it comes to iOS Gaming in 2013.

*= Won`t happen since Activision is earning to much Money that probably nobody would be able to dumb the Company at any point, even if they totally screw up.

Last edited by Sanuku; 11-04-2013 at 04:47 AM.
11-01-2013, 05:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanuku View Post
I hope that Marmalade Play & Activision* bankrupt as soon as possible. Whoever thought that it`s a good idea to add a god damn Timer to a Track & Field Game and charge then for it $1.99 lost in my Eyes every right to be allowed to breathe fresh air.

Lets put it that Way:

Besides Batman: Arkham Origins from Warner Bros The Activision Decathlon is one of my top two games that are currently running for the Biggest Piece of Shit Award if it comes to iOS Gaming in 2013.

*= Won`t happen since Activision is earning to much Money that probably nobody would be able to dumb the Company at any point, even if they totally screw up.
Thanks Sanuku! WHAT! I cannot believe that Activison has the nerve to charge for a game, yet subject paying gamers to the dreaded "timers". I agree, POS game of the year! Edges out Batman, only because it was free.

Thanks Sanuku, you totally ROCK!
11-01-2013, 06:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugimulm View Post
Thanks Sanuku! WHAT! I cannot believe that Activison has the nerve to charge for a game, yet subject paying gamers to the dreaded "timers". I agree, POS game of the year! Edges out Batman, only because it was free.

Thanks Sanuku, you totally ROCK!
I don`t have a probably with a Developer charging anything for their Game.

It`s pure madness to add in any (Sport) Game a freaking Timer that is preventing you from actually playing the Game or for God's sake even maybe enjoying it.

Last edited by Sanuku; 11-01-2013 at 06:15 AM.
11-01-2013, 06:23 AM
ACCOUNT CLOSED: Officially Quit iOS Gaming
Activision Decathlon broke more joysticks on my C64 than anything else

I think for the sake of my ipad2, I'd better not get this

Last iOS game I bought: 6/1/15
11-01-2013, 06:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanuku View Post
I hope that Marmalade Play & Activision* bankrupt as soon as possible. Whoever thought that it`s a good idea to add a god damn Timer to a Track & Field Game and charge then for it $1.99 lost in my Eyes every right to be allowed to breathe fresh air.

Lets put it that Way:

Well, definetly not getting this now