Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-01-2013, 11:33 AM

Send a message via MSN to JoshCM
Default Ratchet and Clank Mobile (Insomniac)

Just saw this on Pocket Gamer

http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/Andro...for+Android%29

Sorry to hear that its on rails, but could still be fun.
Old 11-01-2013, 11:45 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen)

I love the ratchet and clank games, but kinda disappointed that is is just another "endless runner." Might still be fun, but my hopes aren't too high.
Old 11-01-2013, 12:01 PM
iPad (4th Gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rejera View Post
I love the ratchet and clank games, but kinda disappointed that is is just another "endless runner." Might still be fun, but my hopes aren't too high.
I've always wanted R&C for the IOS, but not this way. Meh, I'll probably not be able to resist picking this up anyway.
Old 11-02-2013, 01:54 AM
iPod Touch (2nd Gen), OS 4.x

Well look, you've gotta remember that it's a companion app, not a full game in itself. And even though endless runners are a bit oversaturated, it's only 'cause it's a formula that works. As someone looking forward to the full game as well, I think it's cool that they're doing anything in terms of a mobile app, and that should be applauded. What else could they do for a companion app that isn't a full fledged game in itself?
Old 11-02-2013, 06:13 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas765 View Post
Well look, you've gotta remember that it's a companion app, not a full game in itself. And even though endless runners are a bit oversaturated, it's only 'cause it's a formula that works. As someone looking forward to the full game as well, I think it's cool that they're doing anything in terms of a mobile app, and that should be applauded. What else could they do for a companion app that isn't a full fledged game in itself?
Dead Space iOS was the companion app for Dead Space 2.
Old 11-02-2013, 05:05 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

With mobile devices getting more and more powerful, I would guess that we will see full games like R&C very soon. The only problem is devs are going to want $19.99 to $39.99 for a full console game, and rightfully so. The question is will people buy them. I for one always support these premium games to show the devs that there is money to be made. I know my purchase is not significant but it's all I could do. I love this platform and I feel it's been at a stand still the last 2 years. Nobody is really taking advantage of new hardware. Most games can still run perfectly one a iphone 4 or 4s. You have games like rage hd and dead space that look better then most new games. And these games are pushing three years old. On any other gaming platform, in three years you see graphics jump by leaps and bounds. I just hope there's a dev out there that can make a game tgat only uses the newest hardware and is worthy of a $40 price tag. If that game turns out to be successful, then you will see every dev jump on board. We just need that one big name dev to take a chance and build a huge console like game.