★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: You are a Commander of a military expedition to explore and secure the lost systems of Elysium, newly discovered within a Wormhole at the center of a recently exploded supernova. Choose one of four unique races and compete against other formidable opponents in the Battle For Elysium!

Battle For Elysium (or B4E) is a unique space-based RTS game offering a compelling mixture of tactics, strategy and intense space battles, that is unlike any other game. Take command of several space fleets as you battle to conquer systems, uncover and research new technologies and continually upgrade your fleets and ships in an intense race for interstellar domination.

- Four unique races, each with a unique persona, ship classes and Special Power
- Two modes of play: Skirmish and Campaign, both featuring multiple maps, game setup, random tech placements and opponents allowing for great re-playability
- Formidable and ruthless AI opponents will constantly challenge you to utilize new and inventive strategies and tactics
- Over 45 technologies: featuring weapons, ship components, systems and tactics with unique characteristics and "balanced" gameplay
- A "sandlot" Fleet Designer for creating custom formations, stances and attack profiles for different combat situations and tactics
- A Leaderboard for both Skirmish and Campaign scores
- Includes a detailed Tutorial to introduce all the major game concepts and assist new players in becoming proficient

Notes From Developer:
Hello everyone. My name is John Eastman, and I developed Battle For Elysium for all the gamers out there like me that are sci-fi aficionados and also enjoy a challenging and unique gaming experience. I can't list all the influences for this game - I was inspired by so many great works, but hopefully B4E will "stand on its own" as a unique and entertaining title in the sci-fi mobile gaming genre.

A bit about gameplay "balancing". I have tried to make this game as "balanced" as possible, with my limited resources and yet support a variety of unique races, ship classes, technologies and AI behaviors. It is "very" likely that expert players will learn about exploits and defeat the AI in devious and unique ways I could not contemplate. I am actually very supportive of this, as it will challenge me to update the game and AI in order to create a better, more rewarding experience for all.

Inversely, as this is the first release version, if the game AI settings ( for EASY and NORMAL) are TOO difficult; please let me know that as well. Note: the game AI does NOT cheat nor receive any special bonuses or advantages (such as lower hostility against, seeing Player movement, etc.). The only benefit an AI opponent receives is a small production bonus of 2% for every new Stage in a Campaign, to continually "ramp-up" the challenge slightly for players.

Finally, I want to THANK IN ADVANCE for all those supporting this title. Your support will ensure continued improvements and fixes to B4E, and ensure that the MULTIPLAYER version of B4E is released (hopefully before year's end!).

Please visit the B4E forum for discussions, recommendations and suggestions for B4E Multiplayer, at:

THANK YOU, and keep an eye out for future releases featuring new Special Powers, Technologies and AI deviousness! ;)
11-01-2013, 11:56 AM
So I've been playing the free edition because the game looked promising. I was right. If this is something you're interested in, I suggest downloading the free version for a test drive. Once you get the hang of it, it's quite fun. It took me a few tries before I was fully grasping it, but it's definitely worth a look.

The developer seems pretty dedicated looking at the description and his website.

I'm a sucker for space fleet battles.

The game allows you to make your own formations with specific ships very easily, the UI is pretty decent once you learn how to use it. The main drawback so far is the tutorial is quite wordy and the text is small within it. The main objective so far seems to be to build up your fleet and take over planets. There's a decent size campaign and a skirmish mode, with MP on it's way.

It's Universal so iPad owners will appreciate that.

Last edited by ScotDamn; 11-01-2013 at 12:04 PM.
11-01-2013, 01:12 PM
This looks really really similar to Pyramus.
11-01-2013, 01:35 PM
Originally Posted by undeadcow View Post
I played Pyramus which was OK, not as great as it should have been, in my book at least. But this is much more RTS than Pyramus was. More fleet management, and ship design, more RTS really.
11-01-2013, 01:45 PM
Originally Posted by undeadcow View Post
I think I get what youre saying though, the way everything flows is very much like Pyramus which was a big draw for me in that game. Plus space fleets!