Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-02-2013, 10:18 AM

Default Dragon Slayers.

Old 11-02-2013, 10:56 AM

Gameplay

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 11-02-2013, 12:16 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Looks decent but is the whole game in Korean or can you change languages?
Old 11-02-2013, 12:25 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Gameplay video looks promising, it looks a lot like order and chaos, but if it isn't in English that would be fan issue. I couldn't find if it was just single player or not but I am now interested...

Edit
I found the single player line at the bottom of description, but does that mean it has a global auction house?
Old 11-02-2013, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojtitus View Post
Looks decent but is the whole game in Korean or can you change languages?
It's in English, and fairly we'll translated. There are only two character classes (two characters, really) and overall the game is not fully polished. But, 5 levels in, I can say that it works as advertised, and so far it doesn't feel like an IAP fest. The world feels detailed and seems huge; the graphics are decent, with real time shadows on the characters, detailed environments, and some nice-looking monster designs. Animation is decent, too, though it could stand to be flashier. There seems to be a fair assortment of warrior skills; combat is pretty button-mashy, though. Loot seems plentiful, and everything can be enchanted. So far the quests have been typical, though there is a story building up that may or may not prove interesting. All in all it feels like a 3D version of a decent KRPG with a dash of Diablo -- not a bad thing in my book.

As someone who couldn't stand the cluttered UI and graphics of Ieasobel, this is a welcome surprise.
Old 11-02-2013, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sivad View Post
Gameplay video looks promising, it looks a lot like order and chaos, but if it isn't in English that would be fan issue. I couldn't find if it was just single player or not but I am now interested...

Edit
I found the single player line at the bottom of description, but does that mean it has a global auction house?
Haven't tried the auction house, but I should make it clear that this is a single player game -- I don't think there's even PvP.
Old 11-02-2013, 03:40 PM

Alright, sorry to bump up this thread, but now that I've had a chance to play further, I'm finding that the game is ticking a lot of boxes for me -- and I wouldn't be surprised if it does the same for a bunch of other folks. We simply have not seen a western-style single-player action RPG of this scope in a long time. It amazes me how well thought out the UI is, and the camera system is phenomenal -- you can easily pull in to a behind-the-character perspective. The skill and loot systems are very addictive, too. Folks who were disappointed with DH3 and DH4 should definitely check this out.

That said, the game is not perfect. I wish that the combat animation were better, particularly when you pull in close to the scene. Also, hit detection could be be better when using long weapons. In typical KRPG fashion, monsters are just hanging out till you engage them (to be fair, the same is true of Ravensword and Aralon), and the quest system could use more variety (though I should say that the main quest does have a sense of direction).

I don't want to oversell the game, but considering that it's priced at a premium (for iOS) price and it's coming from an unknown Asian developer, I imagine a lot of folks are very skeptical. There's still a chance that the IAP could bite me later on, but so far I am really enjoying this. Dragon Slayers is a big game, one that the developer has clearly taken very seriously. I think iOS gamers should, too.

Last edited by squarezero; 11-02-2013 at 03:53 PM..
Old 11-02-2013, 04:48 PM

Thanks for the detailed impressions, squarezero. Gonna buy this then.
Old 11-02-2013, 09:07 PM

It's a long time since there is a 3D western open world rpg game. Wow nice!
Old 11-02-2013, 09:29 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

I may try this later... I'm downloading the other game by the dev which, according to TA, went free 3 days after release.

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=208346