App description: Dragonslayer is an intense, breathtaking action-RPG adventure. Be transported to a land of magic, mystery, and ofcourse, danger.

Lose yourself in an incredibly expansive, impressively open, three-dimensional world the likes of which youve never imagined. Travel to a land where simple peasants pray for a hero, and challenge yourself to become the hero they so desperately need.

Dragonslayer features beautiful, creative artwork, and custom sound effects. Both are further enhanced by the games instrumental score, which complements the fantasy epic theme. Players may choose to play as one of two classes. Those that prefer the straightforward manner of a man who solves problems with his sword will gravitate toward the warrior class. For those who tend toward cunning and finesse, the lovely but deadly female mage is a better choice.

And if you have the heart, the skill, and the endurance to succeed, you will find youve become more than a hero: Youve become a Dragonslayer.

FEATURES

An Incredible 3D Experience
Rendered entirely in three dimensions, Dragonslayer is as realistic as it is fantastical.
Gorgeous textures and detailed environments bring the fantasy to life
Inspired character designnot only for the player characters, but for the townsfolk, the mobs, and the quest-givers
Detailed animations for each combat skill and special attack, perfectly timed with custom sound effects
360 degree, rotating, flying-camera point of view gives you a heart stopping view of the constant action

Ultimate Action RPG Game Play
Choose to play as a battle hardened mage or a warrior who lives and dies by the sword
Discover your purpose in an expansive, well developed universe
Explore a world fit for PC gaming, with the convenience of a mobile application
Gather treasure by looting chests and enemies, develop your character and discover more about the story throughout the games numerous quest lines in every area
Improve the skills that keep you aliveand make sure your enemies dieby earning and applying skill points to support your own personally preferred play style
Improve your gear, store your items, and buy new items by interacting with NPCs

Other Features
Waypoints serve as travel shortcuts, letting you experience the world the way you'
Use the network auction house to obtain and sell goods
Buy useful game-enhancing items and boosters with in-app purchases

IMPORTANT NOTES:

--Dragonslayer requires a minimum of 2GB free space. Please give the game adequate time (up to ten minutes depending on your device and connection) to download before turning off your phone in order to prevent installation errors. After the initial download, additional downloads may be required. You should be connected to a WiFi network to download additional content and updates.

--Dragonslayer is a single player game and your save data is stored locally on your device. If you delete the game, you will delete your saved data.
11-02-2013, 10:56 AM

11-02-2013, 12:16 PM
Looks decent but is the whole game in Korean or can you change languages?
11-02-2013, 12:25 PM
Gameplay video looks promising, it looks a lot like order and chaos, but if it isn't in English that would be fan issue. I couldn't find if it was just single player or not but I am now interested...

Edit
I found the single player line at the bottom of description, but does that mean it has a global auction house?
11-02-2013, 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ojtitus View Post
Looks decent but is the whole game in Korean or can you change languages?
It's in English, and fairly we'll translated. There are only two character classes (two characters, really) and overall the game is not fully polished. But, 5 levels in, I can say that it works as advertised, and so far it doesn't feel like an IAP fest. The world feels detailed and seems huge; the graphics are decent, with real time shadows on the characters, detailed environments, and some nice-looking monster designs. Animation is decent, too, though it could stand to be flashier. There seems to be a fair assortment of warrior skills; combat is pretty button-mashy, though. Loot seems plentiful, and everything can be enchanted. So far the quests have been typical, though there is a story building up that may or may not prove interesting. All in all it feels like a 3D version of a decent KRPG with a dash of Diablo -- not a bad thing in my book.

As someone who couldn't stand the cluttered UI and graphics of Ieasobel, this is a welcome surprise.
11-02-2013, 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sivad View Post
Gameplay video looks promising, it looks a lot like order and chaos, but if it isn't in English that would be fan issue. I couldn't find if it was just single player or not but I am now interested...

Edit
I found the single player line at the bottom of description, but does that mean it has a global auction house?
Haven't tried the auction house, but I should make it clear that this is a single player game -- I don't think there's even PvP.
11-02-2013, 03:40 PM
Alright, sorry to bump up this thread, but now that I've had a chance to play further, I'm finding that the game is ticking a lot of boxes for me -- and I wouldn't be surprised if it does the same for a bunch of other folks. We simply have not seen a western-style single-player action RPG of this scope in a long time. It amazes me how well thought out the UI is, and the camera system is phenomenal -- you can easily pull in to a behind-the-character perspective. The skill and loot systems are very addictive, too. Folks who were disappointed with DH3 and DH4 should definitely check this out.

That said, the game is not perfect. I wish that the combat animation were better, particularly when you pull in close to the scene. Also, hit detection could be be better when using long weapons. In typical KRPG fashion, monsters are just hanging out till you engage them (to be fair, the same is true of Ravensword and Aralon), and the quest system could use more variety (though I should say that the main quest does have a sense of direction).

I don't want to oversell the game, but considering that it's priced at a premium (for iOS) price and it's coming from an unknown Asian developer, I imagine a lot of folks are very skeptical. There's still a chance that the IAP could bite me later on, but so far I am really enjoying this. Dragon Slayers is a big game, one that the developer has clearly taken very seriously. I think iOS gamers should, too.

Last edited by squarezero; 11-02-2013 at 03:53 PM.
11-02-2013, 04:48 PM
Thanks for the detailed impressions, squarezero. Gonna buy this then.
11-02-2013, 09:07 PM
It's a long time since there is a 3D western open world rpg game. Wow nice!
11-02-2013, 09:29 PM
I may try this later... I'm downloading the other game by the dev which, according to TA, went free 3 days after release.

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=208346