★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Dracula Twins is a 16-bit style platformer with super-snappy controls, starring vampiretwins Drac and Dragana.

The twins best friend, Franislav, has been mistakenly captured by the wicked Doctor Lifelust, a zombie-loving vampire hunter who wants to create an elixir of life using vampire blood, so that he can live forever. Furthermore, the doctors undead army have invaded Transylvania and taken control over Castle Moonskull, the Dracula familys age-old residence.

Now its up to you to save Franislav, thwart Doctor Lifelust and retake the family castle from the doctor's army of undead!

Console-style gameplay with super-snappy controls.

Monster-packed levels with lots of traps and undead monsters, accessible via a classic worldmap.

Horror-comedy baddies and bosses include white-eyed zombies, drooling werewolves, flying jesters and the wicked Doctor Lifelust!

Swap between 3 playable characters during play: Drac, Dragana or (if you pay ransom or rescue him), Franislav.

YouTube: Gameplay Video Level 1 Playthrough
11-03-2013, 10:11 PM
Game Impressions

11-03-2013, 10:41 PM
Looks awesome! Downloading now! Thanks for the vid Sanuku!

Last edited by CygnetSeven; 11-03-2013 at 11:21 PM.
11-03-2013, 10:59 PM
Originally Posted by CygnetSeven View Post
Looks awesome! Downloading now! Thanks for the vid Samuku!
11-03-2013, 11:19 PM
Thanks, Sanuku. Love it too much.
11-03-2013, 11:40 PM
Buttons are a bit too big on an iPad but it's still quite playable. It's a great free game! IAP is a quick character unlock ($1.99 but also unlockable in-game) and donations ($0.99, 2.99, $9.99) that change the appearance of the skulls you throw.

Stage 3 scrolls forward automatically so you have to keep up. Can't wait to see what else they throw at us!
11-03-2013, 11:47 PM
Wait.. so this beautiful thing is actually free, and there's no in-app game unlock to be bought? Whoa. I'm speechless.
11-04-2013, 12:02 AM
Originally Posted by AnarKitty View Post
Wait.. so this beautiful thing is actually free, and there's no in-app game unlock to be bought? Whoa. I'm speechless.
Mm-hmm, I was expecting to see a full-game unlock somewhere, but based on the in-game info pages, it appears the developers are relying on their development being supported by the entirely optional cosmetic IAP for thrown skulls, and the $2 Franislav character.

There's quite explicitly no pay-to-win or consumable stuff going on here.

Can't hug every cat.
11-04-2013, 12:08 AM
Awesome game. Not easy by any means either. Wish it had Game Center, but for the price I'm not complaining. Might show up in an update if enough people splurge on some IAP. Anyway a must have for platformer fans. I like the Metal Gear sound effect when you alert a nearby bat ...
11-04-2013, 12:18 AM
Appreciate the kinds words!

Thank you all for all the kind words, much appreciated!

We are planning more levels, two additional worlds, and new enemies plus game mechanics and power-ups as we move forward. This little game is built on our in-house 2D platform engine THORODIN, took about 2.5 years to get this far and there are more titles coming.

How are you digging the music? It's made by Simone Cicconi who also worked on Final Freeway-series, you know that Outrun-homage from a few years back.

Thanks again,

Bjorn Larsson
Legendo Entertainment (Sweden)