★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Dragon Season - (by Right Pedal Studios Publishing) [Universal]

11-04-2013, 10:37 AM
Dragon Season - (by Right Pedal Studios Publishing) [Universal]

11-07-2013, 07:24 PM
Dev Rant

Hey dudes,

I'm one of the devs on this one, and since this is probably the best place on the internet to tell the backstory of a mobile game, I thought I'd rant a little about the process this game has gone through.

We did a soft release on Android on August, and used all the players we got at that point to tweak the game and try and mould the best possible experience from the feedback we got.

Dragon Season got featured on Google Play first in Australia and then globally, which was a really cool surprise for us. We'd had heaps of good feedback on the game but until we saw heaps of people leaving really nice comments, I don't think any of us were 100% confident it could be successful.

Even before the game got featured though, someone picked it up from one of our local Game Developer groups and started distributing it in China, where it got 60k installs in about a week. That was another a big surprise for us since the game has absolutely no Chinese language support (although the game is designed to be as non-verbal as possible).

We're a 4 man team from Australia, and this is the second game we've put out. We got some fair feedback on the last one and we're really happy with Dragon Season as its a pretty major step up for us as a team.

Alot of people have commented that they loved our unique mission system in the game, as well as the art style and overall sense of fun. It's been really cool to get that feedback, that was our goal throughout the whole process.

So yeah basically, if you check it out please let us know what you think!

Game Dev at Ghostbox. Check us out: Facebook Website Twitter

12-09-2013, 01:58 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to Johnno
Dragon Season FREE on iOS

Just in time for the holidays, Dragon Season is now free on iOS.

The team has also released a holiday update that includes:

- 3 holiday themed costumes that you let you dress your dragon as Santa, Frosty the Snowman and Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer

- A new daily bonus mini-game which gives you 2 random powerups and a bonus level to blast and collect as many coins as you can in an allotted time.

- Big improvements to the games performance.
12-11-2013, 02:44 AM
I'm kind of sad this hasn't gotten more love. Sure, it's another free2play endless thing, but it's oozing charm and has some really neat ideas.

If the devs are still around, thanks for this little gem. I've been playing it a ton the last few days.
12-11-2013, 03:28 AM
Downloaded this on my 'droid thanks to sweetdiss...and yeah, it's a heap of fun.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
12-11-2013, 04:24 AM
Based your your guy's replies, I decided to try it. It' lovely! Great art and controls. Fun mission styles + interesting seasons. I just hope they do add more upgrades or costumes in there since the list doesn't seem too long. And maybe more obstacles like other dragons and such blocking your way. Seems like you only "die" by hitting walls

TOP5: Chaos Rings 3 / Monster Hunter Freedom Unite / The World Ends With You / Kingdom Rush Series / Implosion
My Artwork: http://pixiv.me/raidriar

Last edited by L.Lawliet; 12-11-2013 at 04:29 AM.
12-11-2013, 04:58 AM
Indeed, this is a cute little gem. I just played ten minutes, so i have no idea if more enemies/dragons will follow later on, but i guess so. As Lawliet mentioned before, some dragons in your way, maybe even throwing fireballs at you ?

Will any buy get rid of the ads ?
Invert controls possible ? (Must have, at least i need it)

Thanks for an answer Devs and good luck.
12-11-2013, 05:13 AM
It's like the mini fan club here

@qwertz: One of the tip screens said that any purchase will get rid of the ads so I assume so. I think even the 99cents will be good to support the app. I think it's a very good base game platform to add even more stuff on!

TOP5: Chaos Rings 3 / Monster Hunter Freedom Unite / The World Ends With You / Kingdom Rush Series / Implosion
My Artwork: http://pixiv.me/raidriar
12-12-2013, 03:23 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to Johnno
Thanks for the loving guys! :-)

Yes, if you buy any IAP, even 99c - we turn the ads off. Dom and the team are on the forums so please let them know what you want to see in the next update!
12-12-2013, 03:34 AM
I'd love icloud support! : )

Also, is there a reason it doesn't save your load out when you exit the app? I have to re-equip my junk every time I come back...