Fav/best shmups on iPhone?

11-04-2013, 10:20 AM
Fav/best shmups on iPhone?

Hi there,

I am currently building a simple shmup - cute em up even - for the iPhone and rather surprisingly, i haven't played that many iOS shmups (not even for research purposes)...

I want to ask if anyone here can recommend or suggest what they consider to be their favourite or best shmup on iOS? Particularly from a gameplay/controls point of view...

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

PS. the game must be compatible with iPhone 4 and iOS6...
11-04-2013, 10:32 AM
Not sure which ones are iphone4-up though.

Phoenix HD
Danmaku Unlimited 2
Shogun
Space Deadbeef
Dodonpachi Resu
Deathsmiles
Plasma Sky
Dariusburst
Sine Mora

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword

11-04-2013, 11:36 AM
Cave games are the best shmups. Out of the non cave shmups, Dariusburst is best.
11-04-2013, 03:21 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to dariusjr98
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
Dariusburst is best.
Aww, shucks 😊
11-04-2013, 04:23 PM
Gridrunner
Super Ox Wars
Minotaur Rescue
11-05-2013, 04:24 AM
Thanks guys!

Heard good things about Dodonpachi and Sine Mora (at least the names ring a bell!), might check them out then as well as Dariusburst...

By the way, which ONE game would you recommend that you feel has the best gameplay/controls and is a horizontal shmup (not vertical/portrait mode)?

Cheers,
11-05-2013, 05:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Appvism View Post
By the way, which ONE game would you recommend that you feel has the best gameplay/controls and is a horizontal shmup (not vertical/portrait mode)?

Cheers,
Dariusburst, no doubt.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
11-05-2013, 06:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Appvism View Post
Definitely Dariusburst SP.
11-06-2013, 03:31 AM
Right, you've all convinced me - i'm going to check out Dariusburst!

Still all ears however for other suggestions, preferably horizontal scrollers. Any cute em ups worth playing?

Cheers,