App description: Hipster CEO 2 is COMING SOON but in the meantime why not sharpen your entrepreneurial skills on the true original?

Ever watched a show like Dragons' Den or Shark Tank and thought that you could do a better job? Hipster CEO allows you to prove that you're the next Mark Zuckerberg by growing your business from a tiny dorm room startup to a global tech powerhouse. And look totally trendy while you're doing it.

Choose from a number of tech products to develop, from social networks like Facebook to music streaming like Spotify

Are you an executive or a tech playground type? Choose the office that suits you best

Develop a truly innovative product, launch a killer marketing campaign and sell like pro to bring in some coin

Delight your employees with bonuses and office perks from pool tables to go kart tracks

Take investment or try to build just from your savings

Sell your company for the big bucks

Compare your performance against other Hipster CEOs around the world

Hipster CEO in the media:

"Championship Manager for startups...this app is a great bit of fun that can keep you entertained for hours." - Adrian Collins, JOE.ie

"At last, theres a game built around running a startup. Whats more scary: Its closer to reality than you might imagine." - Matthew Lynley, BuzzFeed

"...an iOS business sim that dramatizes the startup experience." - Owen Faraday, PocketTactics

"Take charge of your very own startup and put your entrepreneurial skills to the test." - Tasnuva Bindi, ShoeString.com.au

It's time for you to prove you have what it takes to build a successful tech startup. Download Hipster CEO now.

Questions, problems, feedback? Get in touch whatup@hipsterCEO.com or follow us on Twitter at @hipsterCEOapp.
11-04-2013, 12:54 PM
Just bought this today, haven't really played much of it yet but it's feeling like a text version of game dev story, it's not only text though you do see progress bars for research and things.
Haven't really played enough for any real impressions yet but looking cool so far if you like this type of thing.

11-04-2013, 12:59 PM
Interesting, saw this on pt... Would love to hear some impressions!

GC: andsoitgoes
MP Games: Waterdeep
11-04-2013, 01:32 PM
I am really interested in this, even though I despise hipsters. I love text based, managers.
11-04-2013, 01:58 PM
Right here goes my impressions, I'm not to great at explaining things tho
You start off by naming your person and product and choosing from a list of what kind of product you will be marketing and who your marketing to.
You start off with just you as your only staff member and some money, you start off by assigning your guy to a tech job to start working on your product and you assign them to one of three different roles from features,stability and something else,
And your progress bar goes up as your person is assigned to a task and you need at least 10 points of tech on a product before you release it,
But before then you will want to hire a new member of staff to put on marketing your product, which works similar to tech where there's three positions of marketing to assign them to, to drum up customers before you release your product.
You also have sales positions to assign your staff to.
I'm not sure any of this is making sense and to be honest my advice probably isn't great as my first two business ventures only sold 44 items then went bust,
But to me this feels very much like a text based game dev story and the people this appeals to will probably buy it anyway,
It's deffinetly like game dev in the way you learn by doing as I'm slowly figuring out what I'm doing.
Seems like there's a lot to do and see here, if your interested I'd say get it.
11-04-2013, 04:49 PM
Looks interesting. I'm a little weary of dropping $3 on a text-based game, so I'm going to wait around for a price drop (or for more impressions; perhaps one will convince me to take the plunge). I am interested in eventually playing this game, however.
11-04-2013, 08:00 PM
Is this game about Eli?

: )
11-04-2013, 09:15 PM
Hope this game is making fun of hipsters cause they're lame.
11-04-2013, 09:18 PM
I have a mustache like that. What's being implied here?
11-04-2013, 10:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyChunks View Post
Hope this game is making fun of hipsters cause they're lame.
What exactly makes them lame? I don't understand the negativity when people say stuff about hipsters.