Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-04-2013, 05:18 PM
Developer

Default Pocket God Ooga Jump: Episode 2: Does this megabyte make my app look fat?

Yes Episode 2 is out only 4 days since the release of the app. And yes, I'm reusing the same name as the second episode of Pocket God because I just can't think of a more appropriate name.

So, lot of fireworks last thursday. Lots of feedback. The game is too big, the store is too expensive. Both of these issues are fixed in the latest update which is available now. Ooga Jump used to be 350mb now it clocks in at a waifish 59MB.

We also cut the prices in the store from 50% to 70%. The Gem doubler is down to $1.99 and the gem packs give you more gems.

For the content portion of this update we added a new skin. Nooby from the comic.

Nooby comes with a complete roster of animations. he has his own unique dance when you complete an objective rank and a unique sacrifice when using the ghost mode power-up.

So just to be clear. We hear your feedback and are working as hard and fast as we can to make improvements to the game. We are working hard to submit a new update Wednesday night that will include another new skin. I'm also looking to make some UI improvements like posting your objective list on the pause screen.

After the next update we will probably be settling into more of a weekly update schedule. Each update will include some content and some functionality addition. Not sure how long the weekly updates will last, Pocket God had 14 weekly updates in a row, I don't think we will make it that far but we will try our best.

Please let me know what you want to see.

New power-ups?
Different level's of difficulty?
Additions to Challenge Mode?
More objectives?

Speaking of challenges, does anyone use challenge mode? This is something I really want to improve but I'm waiting for the right time to get into it.

If you like the game, please spread the word and remember to rate the game. The app store rankings use ratings to calculate their rank now. Rating is the life blood for games and 5 stars really helps us get more visibility.

We really depend on you guys in order to keep doing cool stuff.

Thanks
Dave

Youtube link | Pop Up

Last edited by Eli; 11-14-2013 at 05:22 PM..
Old 11-04-2013, 05:28 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

I didn't know you fixed these things but now since you did, I'm thinking about picking it up again. I'm glad you actually did something with the feedback. Hopefully it proves lucrative to your company
Old 11-04-2013, 05:35 PM

You guys are great. Always have been. Nice response. I'm sure Ooga Jump will be jumping to the top of the charts
Old 11-04-2013, 05:44 PM

Great news! And definitely new power ups (;
Old 11-04-2013, 07:12 PM

Default Skin Ideas

Can you add some skins Dave that change the look of the obstacles, like make a monkey a zombie monkey, many people would love this, is it possible?
Old 11-04-2013, 07:16 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2headedpony View Post
Can you add some skins Dave that change the look of the obstacles, like make a monkey a zombie monkey, many people would love this, is it possible?
Yea, it's possible. The next few updates are all themes and Pygmy skins but these types of updates have been on our list.
Old 11-04-2013, 07:26 PM

Default Skins

Thx for the reply, great game by the way!!!!!!! I would like to suggest some skins for you, the red zombie pgmy, the ghost pgmy,the witch zombie pgmy, and the Charlie pgmy. Also the ginger, old, and baby pgmys.
Old 11-04-2013, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2headedpony View Post
This relates to a question I had... I was wondering if the baddies are re-skinned in the other themes. Is it a dodo that drops the bomb in the underground theme, or something like a bat? If anyone has managed to pick up one of the alternative themes yet, I'd be interested in knowing the answer. Seems like a regular dodo and the monkeys would be a bit out of place in either the Underground or Uranus themes. If that is the case, I might save my gems for the playable characters first.
Old 11-04-2013, 07:36 PM

Default Themes

Good point Jazz, I wonder the same thing, I bought the zombie pgmy first so I don't know.
Old 11-04-2013, 07:42 PM

Also... in reference to the discussion from the other thread... I don't really have a problem with the content of the news feed, but having the news pop up continuously gets a bit annoying. Once I read it, there is no reason to keep slamming me with the same message over and over.