★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Defeat your enemies in a dungeon. Stay in cover and try to attack from distance!

Are you brave and skilled enough to take up the challenge?

Enjoy this gorgeous and dark fantasy game.

RuDyard's comments:
Hello everybody!

I have used my spare time after work to try out Sprite Kit and create a multiplayer game. It is still in a quite early stage but I would like you to give me some feedback. Mainly for lag issues or gesture controls or gameplay.

Any feedback would be very valuable

Click image for larger version

Name:	fof-img2.png
Views:	2
Size:	333.3 KB
ID:	65310

Game: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fog-of-fear/id669922905?mt=8

About the controls:
Move: Just hold the finger either side of the screen.
To jump: Swipe diagonally in the facing direction.
To attack up: Swipe horizontally in the facing direction.
To attack down: Swipe diagonally down in the facing direction.
To block: Touch the screen with one finger first and hold. And then do the same with second finger. If the second finger is higher than first, it will block upper attacks. If it's lower it will block lower attacks.

Thank You in advance,
Timo Kallaste
11-05-2013, 02:47 AM
Take a download and try.

11-05-2013, 03:10 AM
I know it's an iPhone game but I only have my iPad 2 right now. :P With that in mind, I've got a few things to say.

I can block with one finger by pushing my finger all the way down or rolling it a little.
Landing after a jump is really bouncy!
Target on the left. Swiping from the right half of the screen to the left half makes your character dash backwards while attacking the left side. Is that intended? If so, then cool, but there should be a lunge attack too. EDIT: backward distance was more than double. Bug? EDIT2: holding down your finger after that large swipe causes your character to moon walk endlessly

Matchmaking constantly goes on even while in the background. I swapped back to the game while typing this in the TA app and found myself in a match with (null). :P I quit and it returned me to the practice screen but everything was frozen. Quit did nothing.

Edit: you didn't mention holding your finger down after a jump swipe made you ninja roll! 8D

Last edited by Echoen; 11-05-2013 at 03:24 AM.
11-05-2013, 03:59 AM
Thank you very much echoen for trying it out and finding some new bugs I wasn't aware of.

Actually this swithcing the facing direction in the middle of the attack was not intended. I will definietly consider doing it and making it as a lunge attack.

11-05-2013, 04:03 AM
Thanks for recommend. Will take a chance too play the game.

Pine Entertainment
11-06-2013, 03:22 AM
Could not found the opponients after over 5 times try...
11-06-2013, 03:51 AM
Originally Posted by Cynuyt View Post
You probably won't find any matches unless more people have the app open. I played with the dev earlier and I found it pretty fun. It's a sword duel where you go at each other a few rounds. But like he said, it's still in the really early stages. I sent him some feedback.

Game Center/Steam/PSN: Echoen
How to: embed [youtube] vids | Using [AppInfo]
My Youtube channel
11-06-2013, 03:52 AM
Originally Posted by Cynuyt View Post
Yes, this is the problem right now because there is no userbase. If you could try it with your friend or write me PM to try it at the same time