Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-05-2013, 02:02 AM
iPad, iOS 6.x

Default Runic Sorcerer, 3D RTS by Plexus Games

Hello!

Runic Sorcerer is now available on the AppStore.

App Store Link

DISCOVER AN AMAZING RTS

- Play different sorcerers and invoke dozens of creatures - each creature has its own spell.
- Amazing 3D graphics with awesome special effects
- A dazzling universe
- A sound atmosphere of top quality
- Infinite strategies to try out

EXPERIENCE A THRILLING ADVENTURE

- Play a solo campaign full of twists and turns
- Discover dozens of characters and a witty dialogue
- Complete 20 different missions where you progressively learn all the fine nuances of the game
- Play the campaign on three different skill levels

A COMPETITIVE MULTI-PLAYER MODE

- Play the quick unranked matches online with your White Sorcerer for free
- Play personalized parts of the game with your friends for free
- Ascend the different leagues until the last level to become a legendary sorcerer
- Save your multiplayer games and watch them later to learn from your mistakes

Runic Sorcerer is: 33 different spells, 20 characters to play, 21 runestones to discover, lots of enemies to fight, 23 different maps and of course lots more.

Requires an iPad 2 or higher.

The game is free with paid sections (no you don't to have buy gems, crystals, golds, or whatever to advance in the game, you simply buy the campaign or the ranked multiplayer pass, for instance). Unranked multiplayer games are free to help growing a multiplayer community.

Have fun!
Yves.
Old 11-05-2013, 03:44 AM

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 11-05-2013, 04:20 AM
iPad, iOS 6.x

Thanks a lot for re-formatting my post!
Old 11-05-2013, 04:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlexusGames View Post
Thanks a lot for re-formatting my post!
You are welcome. Runic Sorcerer really turned out to be a solid Game, I have currently only played the first two Maps but so far I like it very much.

Could you tell us a bit more about how long the Game has been in development and what Plans do you have for the upcoming future for it?
Old 11-05-2013, 05:20 AM

Looks amazing.

I'd really like to know what it'll cost me to play this - is there a full game unlock or is this driven from consumable IAP's?
Old 11-05-2013, 06:16 AM
iPad, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by badmanj View Post
Looks amazing.

I'd really like to know what it'll cost me to play this - is there a full game unlock or is this driven from consumable IAP's?
There is no consumable IAP. There is an unlock for the full campaign (which costs US$2.99). Regarding multiplayer, you can play the White Sorcerer in unranked match or in custom match for free (no ads, no spy wire, just free). Then you can buy the Black Robe Sorcerer ($1.99) if you want to play him online and then if you want to play ranked online game it costs $0.99.

So basically unlocking everything will cost you less than $6.-.

Best Regards,
Yves.
Old 11-05-2013, 06:28 AM
iPad, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanuku View Post
You are welcome. Runic Sorcerer really turned out to be a solid Game, I have currently only played the first two Maps but so far I like it very much.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanuku View Post
Could you tell us a bit more about how long the Game has been in development and what Plans do you have for the upcoming future for it?
From the very beginning to now, it took about three years. It includes developing the tools, the engine + the game itself.

I already wrote the scenario of the next two expansions of the campaign. So the next big step is to realize the volume 2 of the campaign. I really want to push further the graphics/fx for the next expansion.

Regarding the multiplayer, beside balancing, and small improvements (the replay module can really be improved a lot for instance), I plan to add new sorcerers with different tech trees and creatures. 2v2 team would be great too, but it requires to rebalance a bit the game and see if it is possible on low configurations (like iPad2).

I'm also investigating an iPhone version, but it is not easy to adapt the UI for a small screen.

Last edited by PlexusGames; 11-05-2013 at 06:36 AM..
Old 11-05-2013, 01:53 PM

Really nice so far - played through first chapter... However:

- the restart button... I didn't know what it was so I pressed it and therefore had to do the level again. A confirm on this would be good.

- even though I have finished the first chapter when I start up again I am unable to start on chapter two. It seems my progress was not saved. So I am now having to do that chapter for the third time. What do I need to do in order to ensure my progress is not lost?

Cheers

Jamie
Old 11-05-2013, 03:29 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Here we go, feedback time:
Good first impressions, but... a few bigger "buts" coming up:

1) The font you use for the text pieces:
I find it extremely hard to follow the flow of text. I cannot pinpoint exactly what the problem is, but I think it is mainly the spacing between letters and between lines. I find it difficult to look up and pick up the place where I left off when I look at my iPad2 again. I have a ton of books, and can only remember a few with similar problems, and not even by title. Even the small TA font is better to read.

2) No save-on-exit or anywhere during missions; and dropping out of memory:
Killer. This actually made me put down the game and not touch it again. Once I lost maybe 10 minutes progress into mission 2 when I closed the game and expected it to pick up where I left off. Well, no such luck. The second time I ran into one of those invisible enemies in mission 2: game over, restart level from beginning. Sorry, no. I have very little time for gaming, and losing 30+ minutes "just so" is an absolute no-go for me.
Plus, I almost always can only play in small chunks (e.g. smokebreak at work), and I am not starting up anything where my progress does not get saved - but is lost - in between.
Combined with the next point, it is even more annoying.

3) Everything takes too long.
Summoning the runes, then summoning your monsters, then waiting for your mana to recharge at a trickle rate so you can summon more monsters to actually stand a chance.
I understand that this most likely comes from balancing considerations for multiplayer. But for singleplayer it is a(nother) distinct negative point.
On said 15 minute smokebreaks I want to relax from a stressful job. And while watching all those things slowly form has some meditative quality, I actually want to play during those times.
For singleplayer, cut down the summoning times to a few seconds. And make Mana regenerate fast enough that it fills up completely while I walk around and lose the units I have in the first or second fight.
Together with "2", this made me put down the game completely:
In mission 2, I lost all my units in the 3rd fight or so (after I summoned the mushrooms harvesters, I think against some spiders) and was left with maybe 50 Mana and no units.
Watching the Mana recharge rate, I calculated that it will take 15+ minutes to fully recharge. Which is way too long for a singleplayer game. Speed that up by factor 50 or 100 or whatever is needed to make it enjoyable; some playtesting should quickly reveal a good rate.

Really hoping for some corrections here, your game has very good potential, and I never say this lightly.
Old 11-05-2013, 05:50 PM

Having to play the level over again when you die is very annoying.
Some sort of save feature is needed here as mentioned earlier.

I found there was enough mana recharge crystals spread around the levels,
so I never really had to wait long to cast more creature spells.

Yes, the spells do take too long to cast , especially the rune symbols.
Things just move along too slow for my liking.

The goblins I placed in the back row , on one occasion, moved ahead of the wolves that were originally in the front ranks . Of course, the wolves were not able to protect the goblins then. So ,I do question how well the AI units
keep their position as explained in the tutorial. And yes, I had all units
selected at the time when I double tapped the move order. The goblins still ran ahead of the wolves when I expected them to stay in the back ranks.

Anyway, some people may enjoy this game , but I was not compelled to buy
the full game after playing the tutorial.