★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

What is the reason that every movie is coming up with a game?

11-05-2013, 04:48 AM
What is the reason that every movie is coming up with a game?

Now a days i see most movie come up with their games.

Is their any movie game which you actually liked?

And what is reason behind it?

Sorry if it is a noob question.
11-05-2013, 05:21 AM
Cant think of one off hand. The second a game comes out when a film does (Eg Thor) i always find them very disappointing. Just seem to be quite rushed or a boring standard game.

11-05-2013, 05:26 AM
ACCOUNT CLOSED: Officially Quit iOS Gaming
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklord1011 View Post

One reason and one reason only, cashing in on the film in the hopes that gullible people blindly buy it. ...and sadly they do

Thankfully most 'gamers' know that film-tie ins are usually utter trash.

I can't remember the last 'good' film game I played.. Although it might actually be the original Ghostbusters game in the 80's.

Last iOS game I bought: 6/1/15
11-05-2013, 05:26 AM
They almost always are terrible games put out in an effort to fleece fans of more money.
11-05-2013, 06:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cthulhufan View Post
They almost always are terrible games put out in an effort to fleece fans of more money.
So does that money go the movie makers?

And why do they charge so much like 2.99$ and above.?
11-05-2013, 06:14 AM
Quote:
So does that money go the movie makers?

And why do they charge so much like 2.99$ and above.?
I dont think the price of the games are dear. Perhaps the devs pay a lot to get the license

Back in the 80's companies paid a lot of money for film licenses, often the games were pretty poor as mentioned here, fans just flock to the game and buy it as it has the name of their favourite film etc. No change all these years later
11-05-2013, 06:50 AM
Quote:

These are ones i can remember that i think are ok. Kinda like a love it or loathe it, each one of these. It's either a player likes it, or he may not.

The Dark Knight Rises
TMNT
World War Z
Captain America Sentinel of Liberty
Hunger Games Girl on Fire
Total Recall
Thor: The Dark World
Riddick

Most of the others are pretty meh.

The only one i really think is fantastic on its own is Temple Run Oz, but not everyone went in thinking it's just another TR game. But it it's really good.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
11-05-2013, 06:54 AM
I've never played a good IOS movie tie-in, but on consoles, Spider-Man 2, Riddick, and Wolverine are excellent
11-05-2013, 07:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxsta View Post
I've never played a good IOS movie tie-in, but on consoles, Spider-Man 2, Riddick, and Wolverine are excellent
Yeah those 3 are excellent. And i also remember the old Aladdin game sucking up all my time and attention during its time.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
11-05-2013, 07:54 AM
Crappy movie tie ins are nothing new as most are just extensions of the big studios marketing allowance. When a bit of thought goes into it you get solid efforts like Avatar and TDKR but that seldom happens. We just keep on plugging away until we get something of The Walking Dead's quality.