Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-05-2013, 12:18 PM

Default Day D Time Mayhem

Old 11-06-2013, 10:09 PM

Good news bad news deal with this game:

First the good news -- If you love your basic TD game then this is for you -- I happen to love TDs so I really enjoy this game... It has an interesting setting, and story line with above average graphics. The towers choices are basic and the upgrades are "run of the mill" (a step or two down from Kingdom Rush) but it's enough to keep you interested. On the surface .99 cent PP seems reasonable and well worth the investment for a TD fan....

Now the bad news -- the game play really ramps up after the first few levels, which is fine but in order to level your towers up and play beyond the first few levels you will need to invest in the IAPs that are offered to stay competitive. You are able to upgrade the various components of the towers (damage, range and cost) but each component has like 6 upgradable levels (until it's maxed out) with a higher cost to upgrade as you move up. Basically it costs a small fortune to fully upgrade a tower. The latter also holds true for the extra abilities.

The bottom line is that this game is good enough to keep the TD player engaged but that could end up costing you way more money than the game is worth... My advice is that you should get involved in this unless your willing to spend some money well beyond its .99 cent PP....

Now I know IAPs are part of almost every game -- and developers are more interested in having the player invest their money in the IAPs but the tricky thing they do here is they suck you in on a .99 cent PP, which is reflective of what this game is worth, and like I mentioned earlier that without the IAPs this game is a great investment at .99 cents a decent investment if the PP was even $1.99, but these developers have created a game that forces you (if you want to play beyond the first few levels) to purchase the IAPs... Now I stopped after one purchase but based on that one purchase I would guess that this game would cost you more than $20 bucks to complete and this game is not exciting and creative enough to warrant anything over it's .99 cent PP...

I could be off base here but I would love to hear some other opinions that's if anyone is even willing to invest the initial .99 cents to check it out...
Old 02-24-2014, 03:53 PM

Just went free fwiw.