★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Tile Sudoku - FREE

08-03-2009, 01:16 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to chrisrushing
Tile Sudoku - FREE

No I am not the dev.

Tile Sudoku iTunes (free)
Slick looking Sudoku app went free this weekend.
I've played it the past few days and love it.
Hasn't crashed on me once.

Someone complained in the reviews about a lack of notification when you win, i haven't seen that, all the tiles bounce and you are notified with a pop-up box when you win every time.

My only complaint is the lack of a clock/timer and no stats... I have no idea how many games i've won/lost. And a high score with your 10 quickest times (in each of the difficulty settings) would be an amazing addition.

Quote:
TileSudoku combines the famous puzzle game with a new interface that feels just right on the iPhone. It presents the puzzle as a game board covered with tiles which you can move around the screen with your fingertip.

Rich graphics.
We focused on creating an immersive graphical experience, full of great animations and sound effects to subtley!

Natural Interface.
Playing the game is easy with two options for placing a number - Either drag a number tile where you want, or tap the tiles in the tray.

Helpful features.
Not sure which number you want to choose? Just double tap to sketch a number in. Or, turn on hint mode to let you know you've placed the wrong number.

Last edited by chrisrushing; 08-03-2009 at 01:29 PM. Reason: spelling & more info.
08-03-2009, 01:22 PM
I just realized these screens are old as well. The app looks even better now in my opinion. The home screen does at least.
08-03-2009, 01:22 PM
yeah I also picked this up. Quite impressive.
08-03-2009, 01:25 PM
This is a beautiful looking game. Downloading.

Galactic Gunner: Commander (Order of the Cosmos)
Device: iTouch 1st gen, 3.1.2
Plus+: phantomluisra
Kitty-Chan Batallion
08-03-2009, 01:38 PM
This one is fair at best. It looks good, but has a too many weaknesses for a Sudoku game.

I agree with the original poster about timing, I also don't like how you can't do a number highlight, like in some where you press 3 and all the 3's you have light up.

There also seems to be no consequence for inputing a wrong number.

I recommend these (Even though they are NOT free):

(EA) Sudoku - By far my favorite Sudoku game in the app store.
Super Mega Sudoku - Very cool backgrounds / themes, including rain / thunderstorm w lightning
Sudoku Guru - Simple Sudoku game with awesome interface and gameplay
08-03-2009, 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by colorsound View Post
This one is fair at best. It looks good, but has a too many weaknesses for a Sudoku game.

I agree with the original poster about timing, I also don't like how you can't do a number highlight, like in some where you press 3 and all the 3's you have light up.

There also seems to be no consequence for inputing a wrong number.

I recommend these (Even though they are NOT free):

(EA) Sudoku - By far my favorite Sudoku game in the app store.
Super Mega Sudoku - Very cool backgrounds / themes, including rain / thunderstorm w lightning
Sudoku Guru - Simple Sudoku game with awesome interface and gameplay
You have to change your options.
Given this is a much more REALISTIC sudoku game by its DEFAULT settings... if you play a real sudoku game with pencil/paper, you aren't going to be notified if you did something wrong.

Under the Game Options menu they have
Show Row Hints
Show Tile Checking
Sound On/Off

If you turn on Show row hints when you click an empty space, it raises up the possible numbers that it could be. (I like to play with this off).

If you turn on Show tile checking and you put a tile in the wrong spot, it glows red. (I keep this on.)