Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-06-2013, 05:14 AM

Default Miner Problem - (by Everplay) [Universal]

Last edited by killercow; 11-12-2013 at 04:30 PM..
Old 11-06-2013, 05:19 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Yes, waiting for releases hour in US.
Old 11-06-2013, 05:20 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

I spent some time with the game and I'm totally addicted to it. It plays like Monster Dash and the graphics/menu reminds me a bit of Punch Quest.
You tap the left side of the screen to jump. On the right side you can activate your event power. Events are stuff like a jetpack, skateboard, a gun, a robot or gravity shoes. Especially the gravity shoes are pretty nice because they add a new gameplay element to the game. There are many upgrade-slots in the shop for all those events.

There are also power-ups and that's what I don't like about the game. 6 power-ups, you have to unlock 3 of them with coins, you can upgrade them in the same way as the Events. But they are all single-use items. So you have to buy them before each run to get a coin magnet, higher jumps or even a double jump. (please give us the double jump as a permanent feature, it really would help in some situations)
The game is not too generous with coins and diamonds, there are runs I finish with less then 10 coins. The coin magnet costs 100coins but it seems to be absolutely useless because there are not that many coins to collect and I already get ~90% of them. The prices for the upgrades seem okay but there are so many upgrade-slots and I don't see how I should get more coins in the future. I won't buy the coin magnet or the coin boost because they're single use items. So personally I completely ignore all power-ups, except I have to buy one to complete a mission.

Besides that I'm really enjoying it. And you've implemented the gc-achievements very well.
For future updates I would love to see some different themes and a permanent double jump / coin magnet
Old 11-06-2013, 05:26 AM
iPhone 5

Thanks SoS for the impressions, lowered my expectations greatly. One question: power ups are not the gizmos shown at the trailer (those diversified weapon/gadgets) right?
Old 11-06-2013, 05:31 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFrost View Post
Thanks SoS for the impressions, lowered my expectations greatly. One question: power ups are not the gizmos shown at the trailer (those diversified weapon/gadgets) right?
The game is still great.
No these are called "events", it's similar to stuff like the bike in Monster Dash. You smash into it during your run to activate them. You can shoot enemies with the gun or fly through the with the jetpack and so on

Power-ups are: coin magnet, double jump, shield, head start, mega jump and coin boost. But like I said, they are single use items and that is what I don't like at all, especially because they are pretty expensive in relation to the coins you collect per run.

Last edited by sink_or_swim; 11-06-2013 at 05:37 AM..
Old 11-06-2013, 05:35 AM
iPhone 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sink_or_swim View Post
The game is still great.
No these are called "events", it's similar to stuff like the bike in Monster Dash. You smash into it during your run to activate them. You can shoot enemies with the gun or fly through the with the jetpack and so on
Cool. Thanks, will download tonight.
Old 11-06-2013, 06:37 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

I am quite liking most of the mechanics in the game, but i kinda hate how scarce the coin pickups can get.

The powerups work like how they are in Leaping Legend, but here it's upgradeable.

Also, i wish the pacing of the obstacles need to be a little bit more aggressive. Some times you can run a long platform with any obstacle then you jump to a second one still with nothing on it.

Overall a very potent game, but it has some flaws that im sure Everplay can remedy. Most especially the coinage rate, and the prices of the single-use powerups.
Old 11-06-2013, 06:57 AM

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 11-06-2013, 10:06 AM
iPhone 5

Downloaded and played a lot one since is free and I have a NZ account, upgraded some stuff and bought some new events so see what the game has to offer and my impressions:

First, its from the same developers who made 1001 Attempts and Leaping Legend, CookieBit (also a Spanish dev team), so this would be the third endless runner this dev makes. It has some good things but compared to the other two it feels empty. Where are the obstacles? Its just me or its is mostly running from empty platform to another almost empty platform? Needs to be more hectic like the amazing 1001 Attempts (more on this later) or LL...

There is a store to upgrade events and a store to buy power-ups in the fashion of LL or Super Monsters Ate My Condo. But they are expensive and coins are as scarce as obstacles, perhaps even more. Seems grindy so far.

Events are cool, they give you 3 for free and the rest have to be bought with coins and gems, same as their upgrades. They range from a Laser Gun that makes you jump in fashion (its that cool), a football player that dashes forward and more, they are cool but the game feels empty and there is no real chance to experiment with them properly. I wish for a 1001 Attempts approach.

And speaking of 1001 Attempts, its one of the greatest arcade games to ever come out. A premium game with no IAP, no revives, a hardcore mode, unlocks the old fashion way and endless replayability due to an addicting solid core gameplay: a must buy for endless arena fighters fans out there, and gamers that like challenges. That is the one to get. A must have.

Back to Miner Problem: The game has potential, but as it is now, its a bit plain, need more hectic actions and more currency in game. With that, could be great. Its free, download it maybe you like it more/less than me.
Old 11-06-2013, 10:51 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

I hope this game has permanent double jump.. It's hard to jump twice at the same time, seems there's bit delay between the jump action.