★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Settlers of Catan?

08-03-2009, 02:10 PM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Settlers of Catan?

Just wondering if anyone had heard anything about the iDevice version of Settlers that's been announced. My guess is no, but I figured I'd start a thread for when the day comes that we've got more info.

(And yes, I have kolonists. It's good, but it's not the same - I have a few issues with it.)
08-03-2009, 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by INCyr View Post
Just wondering if anyone had heard anything about the iDevice version of Settlers that's been announced. My guess is no, but I figured I'd start a thread for when the day comes that we've got more info.

(And yes, I have kolonists. It's good, but it's not the same - I have a few issues with it.)
I haven't heard anything besides the announcement but i agree with you on Kolonists, it's not match against a faithfull settlers clone even though it's still decent

08-03-2009, 02:15 PM
Quote:
This summer the official version of the board game classic "The Settlers of Catan" will be released for Apple's iPhone. The game is being developed by Exozet Games in collaboration with Catan designer Klaus Teuber, and published by United Soft Media. More informations and screenshots will follow soon!
Here's what it said on the official site.
08-03-2009, 02:16 PM
Summer's not over yet, just give it a little time. It's been like less than a month since the front page post; you need to learn to be patient.
08-03-2009, 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theone1007 View Post
Summer's not over yet, just give it a little time. It's been like less than a month since the front page post; you need to learn to be patient.
I'm not asking for it to be out NOW, I was just curious if there had been any update on the status or more details released. Patience comes in many flavors.
08-03-2009, 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by INCyr View Post
I'm not asking for it to be out NOW, I was just curious if there had been any update on the status or more details released. Patience comes in many flavors.
My favorite is mint chocolate chip.

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!
08-03-2009, 03:23 PM
I hate that kind. Mine is chocolate chip cookie dough.
08-10-2009, 10:48 AM
I wonder when summer ends for Exozet I am dying for this game. Anyone heard anything?

I love Kolonists, but I just can't get past their mechanic for resources. I just like the dice thing better

-- Geb --
08-10-2009, 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by geb View Post
I wonder when summer ends for Exozet I am dying for this game. Anyone heard anything?

I love Kolonists, but I just can't get past their mechanic for resources. I just like the dice thing better

-- Geb --
Yeah, I've been playing a LOT of kolonists lately, although now that Civ Revolution is out, I might give it a shot (I've never played much of the Civ games, but I suspect I'd enjoy them.) But yeah, Kolonists just doesn't cut it - the fact that you can't trade, and the way resources are handled just... leads to too many problems. Your starting position becomes REALLY important, and the island is just too small for 4 tribes. But I've definitely gotten $2 worth of enjoyment out of the game, and would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a settlers knock off while we wait for the real thing.
09-01-2009, 07:28 PM
So, now that summer is nearly over, anyone heard anything more about the official release of Settlers?

Favorites: I Dig it (1 & 2), Marple, Civ Rev, Electric Box, Hellsing's Fire, Trainyard, Solomon's Keep, Space Miner, Lux, Civilization Wars, Dungeon Hunter, Rimelands: Hammer of Thor, Dead Space, Catan, SimCity