App description: ZOMBITSU (noun: zom-bit-su) - a traditional form of Japanese sword combat against warriors of the undead.

The evil Lord Nakatomi has torn apart your land and unleashed his army of soldiers for total destruction. Play as Hiro, the last known Zombitsu expert, on his epic journey through the glorious streets of his Japanese village, the devastated lava world and the picturesque floating kingdom.

Run, jump and fight your way through the hordes of zombies to become an unstoppable ninja.

Are you brave enough to take the challenge and save your world?

CHOOSE YOUR OWN PATH
Enjoy greater freedom of movement than any other 3D runner as you run and jump through wide, tall and open levels.

OLD SCHOOL ARCADE CONTROLS
Use tilt to steer and two buttons to jump or attack. Combine button presses in sequence to perform combos.

COMBAT THE ZOMBIE HORDES
Slice and dice your way through the undead army of Lord Nakotami. Perform devastating combos such as the Hammer Chop or Uppercut.

RANDOMLY GENERATED LEVELS
Each run is unique and each level is filled with random paths and secrets that require keen attention and platforming skills

UNLOCK THE ANCIENT SECRETS OF ZOMBITSU
Complete missions to learn new combos and discover power-ups. Will you learn the dragon dash or unlock the fireballs?

THREE AREAS TO EXPLORE
Run through the Castle, Sky and Lava areas, each with their own unique challenges and dangers.

CLIMB TO THE TOP OF THE NINJA RANKS
Compete on Game Center leaderboards for the highest number of zombie kills in a run.

Read more on our blog here

Email support enquiries or suggestions to: support@rumastudios.com

Follow us on twitter: @rumastudios

Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/rumastudios

awp69's comments:

Unfortunately, at least for me, it requires iOS 7. I'll be waiting for the Android version to be available in the U.S.
11-06-2013, 03:13 PM
While I like the jumping and the wider multi-tiered environments, the combat feels lacking in a way. I'm not finding that aspect satisfying or exciting and the animations are kind of jerky and stiff. The art style and platforming is pretty good.

Could touch controls be added? Maybe left-right buttons on the left side, jump and slash on the right?

11-06-2013, 04:13 PM
Sweet! Came out earlier than expected. Downloading now.
11-06-2013, 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxsta View Post
While I like the jumping and the wider multi-tiered environments, the combat feels lacking in a way. I'm not finding that aspect satisfying or exciting and the animations are kind of jerky and stiff. The art style and platforming is pretty good.

Could touch controls be added? Maybe left-right buttons on the left side, jump and slash on the right?
Combat gets a bit better as you go on and unlock skills. The game controls well overall and has nice artwork, but it is kind of missing something.

I guess I love Blood Roofs so much that it's difficult to play a game with some similarities and not compare. There's just so much atmosphere and more of a feel of impending doom in that game.

That said I'm going to play this more and see if it grows. Also was caught of guard that it's not endless.

Bosses would be a great addition.
11-07-2013, 09:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxsta View Post

We're actually putting thought to other control schemes such as soft joystick, tilt w/ jump + attack on a single side (i.e. one handed play) and also hardware controller support for both iOS and Android (we've got some Moga controllers to play with).

Combat, awp69 is right. It gets better as you unlock more skills. However the next major release will have a muuuch greater focus on combat to go along with more variety in zombies (melee, armed and projectile attacks from zombies) . Basically they will be harder to kill, with each zombie type requiring a different approach to kill. Less mashing and a little more thought required to succeed!

Boss battles? Yup, def coming too!

Check out our iPhone games Zombitsu and Superflick or find us at Ruma Studios.
11-07-2013, 10:24 PM
Crap.

Saw the thread, watched most of Sanuku's video, got excited, noticed awp69 saying, "iOS7 only," went to download anyway...

Nope, iOS7 only. Again, crap.

DBC

I give up.
11-07-2013, 10:32 PM
iOS7 only? Pfft. I am not losing most games to gain one.

Too bad i was actually looking forward to this.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
11-08-2013, 01:49 AM
Looks like the min iOS 7 thing is a bit of a bummer, we'll take a look at dropping it to iOS 6 in the next update!

Check out our iPhone games Zombitsu and Superflick or find us at Ruma Studios.
11-08-2013, 02:06 AM
Runner game?