★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: 2K
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 119.3 MB
  • Version: 1.2
  • Price: $4.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (1)
App description: Battle to Rule the Pacific Skies!

Take flight over the treacherous Pacific waters where ace pilots redefine historic World War II battles! Skillfully pilot the most iconic American and Japanese fighter planes of the Pacific War while representing the Army or Navy. Upgrade your fighters and promote your leading pilots so they master new skills needed to ambush an enemy VIP, rescue POW pilots or torpedo bomb enemy targets!

Can you turn the tide of war? Or will you go down in flames to an enemy ace?

Features:

Enlist in over 180 missions set in iconic WWII battles like Pearl Harbor, Midway and Guadalcanal

Expertly pilot fleets of American or Japanese aircraft while representing the Army or Navy

Earn promotions, equipment upgrades and advanced Ace maneuvers

Personalize your pilot profile and aircraft to set you apart in battle

Single player battles & Multiplayer missions with leaderboards through Game Center

squabs's comments:

Sorry can't do appinfo too angry that it's free, just came out in NZ store. What. What? Why is it free. Man I'm disappointed.
11-06-2013, 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squabs View Post
https://itunes.apple.com/nz/app/sid-meiers-ace-patrol-pacific/id660820012?mt=8

Sorry can't do appinfo too angry that it's free, just came out in NZ store. What. What? Why is it free. Man I'm disappointed.
No fear, perhaps it is just a classic FREE demo with a single IAP to unlock the full game. If instead they've reinstated the whole "field hospital crap", I'm out!

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews

11-06-2013, 03:42 PM
Huh. Um. It's the paid game for free. Umm. Get it now, might be an accidental release.
11-06-2013, 03:43 PM
Also could someone please fix my title typo? Thankyou

Edit: thankyou
11-06-2013, 03:55 PM
Looks like someone screwed up and released it for free. I can't find anywhere in game yet to spend money
11-06-2013, 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snotty128 View Post
Looks like someone screwed up and released it for free. I can't find anywhere in game yet to spend money
If like the first game you might get the first operation for free (training missions plus the remaining 3).

My iTunes Reviews
11-06-2013, 04:00 PM
Free with no iaps??? Downloaded .. Wonder if they will make it into a demo to compensate for this...
11-06-2013, 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyTheElite View Post
Free with no iaps??? Downloaded .. Wonder if they will make it into a demo to compensate for this...
Anything is possible, I mean the original was free and the names are pretty similar, perhaps an incorrect switch was flipped, but I doubt it.

My iTunes Reviews
11-06-2013, 04:04 PM
I don't have time to play through the missions right now, but I couldn't find any menu that mentioned purchases and I could play at least 2 of the factions
11-06-2013, 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snotty128 View Post
I don't have time to play through the missions right now, but I couldn't find any menu that mentioned purchases and I could play at least 2 of the factions
Hmmm, definitely more than possible in the original's free state. Interesting.

My iTunes Reviews