★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: ** All In App Purchases are now free. **

Aliens versus Humans: Missions introduces multiplayer PvP with three PvP modes. Challenge your friends or random people via Game Center. If you were awesome at the original X-Com, this is your chance to own the leader boards. What are you waiting for?

In addition, you can play the single player mode where you play through 25 missions that follow a storyline about why the aliens are back on Earth, how they got here and it is up to you to figure out how to remove the alien threat.

If youre looking for the Geoscape, Bases, Research and Manufacturing, then check out our other app Aliens versus Humans. Relive turn-based strategy of your youth.

PvP Feature list:
* Three PvP modes:
* Classic PvP: Start a mission grouped up. Defeat your opponent before they defeat you.
* Capture the Flag: Change up your tactics. Get to your opponents flag before they get to yours.
* Scramble PvP: Start with your soldiers scattered across the battlefield. Hide, group up, dominate.
* All PvP modes allow you to design your own mission to challenge others. Choose terrain, day or night mission, weapons and armor. Equip your soldiers and go.
* Integrated with Game Center Leader Boards.

Story Mode:
* Play 25 missions that proceed along a storyline, including night time missions.
* 11 weapons and 3 armor types that unlock based on game progression.
* 3 star rating system for missions.
* Your soldiers' stats improve based on their experience during missions.
* Randomly generated maps = ultimate replayability.
* Destructible terrain.
* On-the-fly Line of sight.
* Ability to customize your squad for each mission.
* 4 zoom levels that allow you to see more of the battle map or get up close and personal.
* 20 achievements that will challenge you beyond the game via Game Center.

Practice Mode:
* Design and play your own missions. Choose terrain, soldiers, weapons and armor. Set alien intelligence from easy to truly evil.

What are you waiting for? Give Aliens versus Humans: Missions a try today.

Twitter: @aliensvshumans
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Aliens-versus-Humans/323015897724713
YouTube: http://youtu.be/j3M8LwLqB3g

nightc1's comments:

This is the new multiplayer focused version of Aliens versus Humans. It came out tonight. It also includes the first few missions from the main game (the rest are unlockable by IAP or just buy the main game). Anyway thought this deserved its own thread since all the multiplayer stuff is new.
11-06-2013, 11:46 PM
Gonna DL
Anyone up for pvp tommorow?

Edit: iOS SIX!!

11-07-2013, 12:09 AM
I have several PvP games waiting for others to accept. You can "Play Now" via Game Center and it'll match you up with one of them.

11-07-2013, 09:51 AM
It's going to be a while before I'm up to speed enough to play online. Still, there were a lot of folks hyped for this... I think it just sort of flew under the radar. IF I weren't permabanned (I guess that's the reason?) from posting on articles I'd post something on the new releases article since they completely missed this game coming out.

This gamer runs on premium games.
11-07-2013, 01:09 PM
Game is good. You should pick it up.
11-08-2013, 10:02 AM
Silly question, are the Missions in this tweaked from the Missions (Tutorial) in the main game? I played the first single player mission here and then last night played some of the main game and the overall layout of the land was different as were the aliens I fought and their general positions on the map. Is it that the missions are somewhat random, there were there tweaks between the games, both, or what?

Anyway, excellent job on both games. Given my slow pace with games this deep, it's going to take a while to get up to speed since I only get serious time to game at night (job, wife, 3 kids, etc). Still, I'm looking forward to digging deep into both games.

This gamer runs on premium games.
11-10-2013, 09:31 AM
Every board is randomly created every time as well as alien placement. We always thought this was pretty good as you can replay the entire game and it will be different.

11-10-2013, 09:47 AM
Silly question, but are all the content in Aliens veersus Humans: Missions also in the original app, or do I need to download both?
11-10-2013, 10:49 AM
Originally Posted by iPadisGreat View Post
Silly question, but are all the content in Aliens veersus Humans: Missions also in the original app, or do I need to download both?
I don't believe that the original app has multiplayer.
11-12-2013, 08:17 AM
@iPadisGreat, if you have Aliens versus Humans: The Onslaught, then you have the training missions part already. Aliens versus Humans: Missions was added so people have an option to play for free to try out the game. However, AvH: Missions has PvP that you can play for free. It takes up < 32MB of space.