Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-07-2013, 09:36 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Default Four: The Space Fight - face-to-face in space [Indie, iPad]

Hello Gamers, let me introduce my game.

Four: The Space Fight is a carefully crafter space shooter with a nice unique atmosphere, and a different approach to the genre. In fact it's more like a fast paced demolition derby set in space. Divided into two different experiences it offers both single- and multi-player fun for hours. Somewhat similar to the classic Asteroids game.

In the game you can choose to fly one of the four Space Fighters. Your goal is to destroy the enemy Space Fighters within 1 minute, or the meteor storm comes and wipes away everybody. You control your Space Fighter with two fingers, that lets you fly and shoot at the same time. It's a bit unconventional, but you can get up to speed in no time. Flying is like driving a tank. You need to adjust the thrust of the dual engines by sliding your fingers on two buttons. These throttle buttons also serve as triggers, and you can fire bullets or missiles depending on which one you release and re-tap quickly. Missiles do more damage, but they also have a toll on your own shield as well. Shields can absorb up to 9 shots.

In multi-player mode up to four people can play against each other on a single iPad. Just imagine 8 fingers tapping the same screen, if for nothing else, it's already funny. For some twist you can buy the Repair Crates add-on. This grants you a cool new Space Fighter, and the repair crates. They pop up during a match, and heal your shield if you collect them.

In single player career mode, you need to perform 16 different figures or objectives that are divided into four progressively difficult levels. These usually involve defeating the AI enemy in some funny way, and can get really hard towards the end. When you're all done you can buy the Heroic Level add-on for some real challenge.

Four: The Space fight is a great addition to your iPad, and has a design that goes into every detail. Like the tutorials, which are performed by the Space Fighters themselves on the menu screen. It's a great experience just to watch them do their job restlessly. The experience gets even better with the two add-ons: Heroic Level and Repair Crates, that you can purchase. They make great additions to both the single-, and multi-player modes. Download now for free on the iPad App Store and see "four" yourself!

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Web: http://www.fourios.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fourthespacefight
Twitter: https://twitter.com/FourSpaceFight

Regards,
Balázs

Last edited by FouriOS; 01-25-2014 at 03:28 PM..
Old 11-26-2013, 02:38 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Default New version 1.2.1 out - features all new stick controls

Hi All,

I've just released version 1.2.1, which features an all new touch joystick based control method. If you found the controls hard, you may want to try the game again now. It's super easy to control your Space Fighter now! Feedback is still welcome.

Regards,
Balázs
Old 11-27-2013, 01:45 AM

Great concept. I think anyone searching for a multiplayer game will try this.

I wonder if it would be more effective to sell the 3 and 4 player modes as a separate IAP. Players still get to try 1 and 2 player modes for free and that seems very generous to me. Since the 4 player mode is really your big selling point I think you should exploit it
Old 11-28-2013, 06:11 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Hi, thanks for the suggestion. I'm going to provide some more reasons to buy the two IAPs in the near future by introducing a new game mode. It will be partially locked (heroic mode), and you would be able to reach a higher score with the other IAP (repair crates).
Old 01-25-2014, 06:27 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Default 1.3 out

Hey All, version 1.3 is out with new game modes, that lets you compete in Game Center leaderboards. Let me know if you're interested, and I'll post some promo codes.

Regards,
Balázs