★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Quiz Game Land $1.99

08-03-2009, 08:29 PM
Quiz Game Land $1.99

$1.99
http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=321340382&mt=8

Quote:
Do you like video games?

How much do you know about them? Find it out in Quiz Nightmare in Game Land, an epic and delirious adventure across the fantastic world of video games, in which your knowledge will the only weapon.

Can you escape from Game Land?

Take the role of one of our heroes to live an adventure full of references and winks to your favorite games and with retro taste. Get ready to discover exotic worlds, explore mazelike paths, challenge innkeepers to play their mini games and face extravagant enemies that are always poking fun at something.

With a singular approach, several game modes, online leaderboards and original story and soundtrack, Quiz Nightmare is much more than just a typical trivia game.

Multiple challenges

What if you get tired of so much adventure? Relax playing a quick game on the most popular TV show in Game Land, sharpen up your knowledge on the industry, or polish your skills with the mini games in any of the alternative game modes.

It's retro time!

Get ready to revive the experience of playing classic video games, with the retro-style graphics and soundtrack included in Quiz Nightmare. All stages are created with a high amount detail, painted pixel by pixel and put together using tile maps.

The soundtrack includes 8 themes originally composed for Quiz Nightmare, that will ensure you have an enjoyable and unique experience.

Original story with different endings
3 difficulty levels, suitable for everyone
8 worlds with different paths to explore
5 mini games to aid you in your adventure
4 game modes, 3 unlockable
2 selectable characters (male and female)
57 characters and enemies to discover
Bestiary to collect all the defeated enemies
Online leaderboards
Original soundtrack with 8 tracks
Hundreds of questions to test you!

Youtube link | Pop Up

Last edited by DaveMc99; 08-03-2009 at 08:31 PM.
08-03-2009, 08:38 PM
Alrighty looks pretty good.. I may pick up later, gotta check my balance.

No Sig
08-03-2009, 08:40 PM
Its definitely an interesting game. Basically, its a "RPG" of sorts that revolves around videogame trivia. Haven't had much time with it, but from what I can tell trivia fans will love it.

Associate Editor, Slide To Play and Padvance
Follow me on Twitter
Feel free to email me at tim@slidetoplay.com if you want to bring a game or update to our attention.
08-04-2009, 04:37 AM
I was about to post about the release of the game, but I found there was already a thread!

We would love to read opinions on the game. Since it's our first iPhone release, it's very interesting for us to get some feedback.

Online leader boards are already up and working, and can be consulted directly though the game or on the web, following the "leader boards" link on the game's site: http://www.undercoders.com/Quiz-Game-Land.html
08-04-2009, 04:08 PM
Send a message via MSN to Lukearcade22
Purchased the Game

Submitted a review into Apple

Overall:
A good trivia game that contains both hard and easy video game questions with nicely designed maps. Unfortunately, you can tell that alot of the questions are about consoles and street fighter which must prove the the company likes street fight (thats what I think anyway). There are not enough in-game questions like about the story, characters and levels in the specific video game. Some nice modes and a cool RPG like fighting style but involving knowledge instead of brawl.

Rating: 4/5

I hope to see more updates and if you are ever stuck on more questions, just PM me and I will gladly give you some

Games I am Playing: Aiko Island, World Mosaics, Mage Gauntlet, Puzzle Quest, Time Geeks, Roll In The Hole and Sunday Lawn

Game Center ID: Lukearcade22
08-06-2009, 01:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukearcade22 View Post
Purchased the Game

Submitted a review into Apple

Overall:
A good trivia game that contains both hard and easy video game questions with nicely designed maps. Unfortunately, you can tell that alot of the questions are about consoles and street fighter which must prove the the company likes street fight (thats what I think anyway). There are not enough in-game questions like about the story, characters and levels in the specific video game. Some nice modes and a cool RPG like fighting style but involving knowledge instead of brawl.

Rating: 4/5

I hope to see more updates and if you are ever stuck on more questions, just PM me and I will gladly give you some
Hi Luke,

You're right, we tried to include a lot of "general" video game questions that gamers could answer even if they hadn't played through a game in particular. There a few in-game questions, though most of them are concentrated in the higher difficulty levels (for hardcore gamers who have played all the games! )

We take good note of your opinion for future revisions. Thanks a lot for your post and review, your interest is very much appreciated!

Undercoders Team