Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 08-03-2009, 08:49 PM

Default War 3100 - Sci-fi Turn Based Strategy. Sale $0.99

War3100 is a premiere turn based strategy game now available on the iPhone and iPod Touch in the App Store on holiday sale for only $0.99 USD. The game has been in development for close to a year and the first version of it is now available to the public.

The latest version out includes must faster path-finding!

War 3100 is the sci-fi turn-based strategy game that pits you against the computer in 24 action packed missions. You discover new and exciting military units to use in your quest to colonize the planet and defeat the Vargu as you progress through the missions. Discover and use more than a dozen unit types to fight on land, sea, and in the air and call on special powers such as shield generators and bomb-bots to destroy the enemy. Play each mission on three different difficulty levels to ease your way into the game and even use the built-in map editor to create your own maps.

If you are very successful at the game your stories of conquest, will be shared with others on the Global Leaderboard that is accessible in-game. War3100 stands apart from the others with the unique features of the units and its siege system. Download War3100 and start playing today!

Some features of War 3100:
  • 24 Missions
  • 17 Unit types
  • 3 AI difficulty levels
  • Built in map editor
  • Global leaderboard
  • Skirmish mode to play on your own maps
  • Shields, bombs, and repair commands
  • Terrain bonuses for combat and movement
  • Vehicle, Naval, and Air armor and weapon types
  • Siege system to capture drop pads
  • Local play versus another human
  • Website with play manual and community forums

Watch the following video of War 3100: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDGS9t2R48k

We started War3100 close to a year ago and plan to keep adding to the game well into the future now that the first version has been released. Please join us on our forums at www.War3100.com and let us know what you would like to see in the next release.

You can also find the complete game manual on the forums as well as information on any issues users find with the game that we will address in future releases.

Enjoy!

** Notice in version 1.1: It works with OS 2.0 now. You no longer have to have 3.0 installed.

In-Game Shot

Last edited by GamerOutfit; 11-25-2009 at 07:37 PM..
Old 08-03-2009, 09:19 PM
iPhone 3G, OS 4.x

mods move this to the games section since the game is available in the app store...
Old 08-04-2009, 06:53 AM

This game looks really good. Its a tough market to enter with Rogue Planet and Battle for Wesnoth but those are still a bit away. It seems to have plenty plus a map editor which looks really cool
Old 08-04-2009, 07:00 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

My first though is another game based on Advance Wars.
Right now I'm waiting for Rogue Planet to be released. However, this one looks rather tempting to buy. I might pick it up later.

Uniwar and Mecho Wars both disappointed me in terms of gameplay. I might just have high expectations.

EDIT: I'll have to wait for now, as this app's been set to only compatible with iPhone/iPod 2nd Gen.

Last edited by GaiaIllusion; 08-04-2009 at 07:06 AM..
Old 08-04-2009, 07:24 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

seems like they dont want the money from us first gen ipod users
Old 08-04-2009, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaiaIllusion View Post
My first though is another game based on Advance Wars.
Right now I'm waiting for Rogue Planet to be released. However, this one looks rather tempting to buy. I might pick it up later.

Uniwar and Mecho Wars both disappointed me in terms of gameplay. I might just have high expectations.

EDIT: I'll have to wait for now, as this app's been set to only compatible with iPhone/iPod 2nd Gen.
Really what was disappointing about Uniwar? It's a very finely-tuned TBS game. RTS and TBS games have been my genres of choice for years and years, and Uniwar does it very, very well, especially with the online mode?

I will agree that Mecho Wars was a huge disappointment. Talk about a watered-down, barely-any-strategy, almost non-strategy, TBS game. It's about as simplified as a strategy game can get while still being called a strategy game. It's almost painful to play.

Anyway, to the developer of this game: Do you plan to add an online mode? That's probably the only reason I'd get it and the only reason Uniwar has had the massive success that it has had.
Old 08-04-2009, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florbastang View Post
Anyway, to the developer of this game: Do you plan to add an online mode? That's probably the only reason I'd get it and the only reason Uniwar has had the massive success that it has had.
I have the plan and hooks to make it multi-player but that will take a good amount of time to get right. I didn't want the rest of the game to sit there for several months while I worked out the kinks of MP which is why you see the release. I realize Uniwar has multiplayer to stand on, but to me that is really a completely different game. In short, yes, I want War 3100 and my future games to have multiplayer mode in them.
Old 08-04-2009, 07:40 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by florbastang View Post
Really what was disappointing about Uniwar? It's a very finely-tuned TBS game. RTS and TBS games have been my genres of choice for years and years, and Uniwar does it very, very well, especially with the online mode?

I will agree that Mecho Wars was a huge disappointment. Talk about a watered-down, barely-any-strategy, almost non-strategy, TBS game. It's about as simplified as a strategy game can get while still being called a strategy game. It's almost painful to play.

It's rather hard to describe. I've played TBS and RTS for a long, long time and own the Advance Wars series of games for GBA and Nintendo DS. I also played it online for a long while.
Mecho Wars is easy to explain, as I found that there wasn't enough strategy with the rock-paper-scissors style fighting.
Uniwar, I played when it was first released, and it's currently not on my iPod. I found it a bit slow-paced, with a lack of... challenge? I dunno, something ticked when I played it. I'll probably reinstall it and play a bit again to see if I can change my mind.
Old 08-04-2009, 07:45 AM

3.0 only I really need to upgrade soon.
Old 08-04-2009, 07:59 AM

we need a B.A.R.!!!!

edit: ohh it's 3.0 only... then looks like i'm out