★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: flying rider and line rider for iphone and ipod touch

09-02-2008, 04:00 PM
flying rider and line rider for iphone and ipod touch

i hope there are still people that have flying rider witch is a line rider for iphone that was released aug 15th but the developer was guna get sued and stuff for copy right reasons so he had to delete itand it was free

remember that when you buy line rider, and give them mean reviews about "flying tom" ( the one who made flying rider)pls
09-02-2008, 04:21 PM
Is that really necessary?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilson View Post
i hope there are still people that have flying rider witch is a line rider for iphone that was released aug 15th but the developer was guna get sued and stuff for copy right reasons so he had to delete itand it was free

remember that when you buy line rider, and give them mean reviews about "flying tom" ( the one who made flying rider)pls
Look, I get it that it sucks to see Flying Rider and Tris go. I really really wish I could have got a copy of FR. I don't have enough interest to actually buy an app but if it was free I'd probably mess around with it every once in awhile.

Look at it the other way. Let's say you made an app, worked really hard on it and it was worth every penny of the 10 bucks you were charging for it.

Now lets say that I made a copy of your app and started handing it out for free. Then add to the fact that on the app store my app would be right next to your's!! The issue becomes obvious. Two options, $10 or free. We all know what people are going to pick. I'm sure you would protect your idea if you were in that situation.

And even though it's not fair to us gamers it's their right to do so. I'd just rather see fair minds prevail then see subpoenas rule the world. I mean, Flying Rider was DONE. Why not give that guy a job and use that code for the Official version? Seems like everyone wins in that case

09-02-2008, 04:30 PM
well he was going to make it 3 $ but he put it out for free to let some people get it and inexile was probably not going to make a line rider for iphone anyway until they herd that some one was developeing it

im not sure if they shut tom down or if they hired him or what but when line rider come out ill tell you if its like flying rider cuz if it is they probably hired him
09-02-2008, 04:37 PM
Quote:
well he was going to make it 3 $ but he put it out for free to let some people get it and inexile was probably not going to make a line rider for iphone anyway until they herd that some one was developeing it

im not sure if they shut tom down or if they hired him or what but when line rider come out ill tell you if its like flying rider cuz if it is they probably hired him
I really hope so, clearly he loves LineRider if me made an exact clone, the videos showed it running really well and it would be a shame to have that work wasted
09-02-2008, 04:39 PM
Gotta side with VegantTnT on this one, I'm afraid. It's nothing but speculation as to whether or not an official version of Line Rider was on it's way or not. The simple fact is that the guy copied an idea and did very little to change it or make it his own, and he got nailed for it.

I have no problem with people using a concept that's already in place. For example, we could make the case that "Halo" is really just a ripoff of "Doom" if we wanted to, but it's been changed/improved enough that it's no longer a copy, but more of an "inspired by." Flying Rider did nothing like this, and so it was shut down.

Leaving a negative comment, or reviewing Line Rider poorly on iTunes does nothing to help anyone out. It isn't bringing Flying Rider back, and all it's going to do is make you look like a boob.
09-02-2008, 04:44 PM
no but leaving a negative comment makes me feal bettr and i dun care if its not coming back cuz i got a copy >: ) and there will be atleast a phew ppl that mite be like yeah u suk inxile .i hupe
09-02-2008, 07:03 PM
Quote:
no but leaving a negative comment makes me feal bettr and i dun care if its not coming back cuz i got a copy >: ) and there will be atleast a phew ppl that mite be like yeah u suk inxile .i hupe
Try to approach the situation in a mature manner. Flying Rider, while nice, wasn't going to be free in the first place. I agree that they should've left well enough alone, I hate it when a developer gets stepped on like this too. However, inXile have a reason to protect their business, and Line Rider may not even had happened on the iPhone if it wasn't for Flying Rider.

The iPhone version looks to be even better than what Flying Tom could've done (actual official tracks from the website, for example.) The gamers benefit, and if the developer is smart, he'll go on to make his own original game, in which case everyone wins.

Don't dilute the App Store with bad reviews because of your feelings. It's bad enough already. Instead, rate and review a game based on how fun it is. Look out for other gamers, not get mired in politics and legal snafus.

Matt
09-06-2008, 11:01 PM
Quote:

So get mad at them for protecting their original idea? Are you insane?

Try putting yourself in their shoes for a change and see how you'll feel. You have an original idea and some loser just steals it.
09-06-2008, 11:11 PM
I understand hat you mean but rating it bad is a really dim. Idea... Besides it seems luke the official line rider is supposed to be a lotbwtter and full featured!! I'm deffinitly getting line rider and giving it a review of whatever it deserves
09-07-2008, 01:29 PM
..you guys arnt even takeing into consideration about the resonable stuff i say your all like "hey ur insane it would be bad if stole someones game" but i do see some ppl sortof agree with me but i do see that how what flying tom did was bad ,but still put your self if toms shoes not inxiles he is just a guy developing a game that somewhat resembles line rider.., dident charge for it and inxlie might hav not hav even planed on making a game for iphone but i would need to speak to inxile to confim that but they would probably lie regarding the cruelty of there actions