★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Atommo seeking Beta Testers for next title

08-04-2009, 12:24 AM
Atommo seeking Beta Testers for next title

We're already working on the next project, while promoting Roadkill Cafe and waiting for Apple to get around to approving the Lite version. Whee!

So in preparation for beta, I'd like to open up applications for beta testing.
This will be an action/puzzle game. But not a Bejeweled clone. I'd eat my gun before taking part in such a thing.

Please follow the directions below, or your application will disappear like common sense on an episode of Oprah.

1) List any games you have beta tested before on any platform. Running around in WoW's open beta period does not count. If you haven't beta tested anything before, just say so and move on to number 2.

2) Write a bug report. It can be any game that you've played recently. Isolate a bug, describe it, and the reproduction steps. You can google how to file a proper bug report if you have never done so.

3) Respond here or email support@atommo.com with "beta tester" in the subject.

We will notify successful applicants. Unsuccessful applicants will be ground into high protein cubes and served with beef gravy.

edit: Also note, if you apply in this thread with a reasonably good response to the above, we're not the only devs who may notice you.

Hopefully this name will update soon as I requested a name change. I'm no longer affiliated with Atommo games.

Last edited by atommo; 08-04-2009 at 02:20 AM.
08-04-2009, 12:28 AM
Note to potential applicants: By his own admission, he has a gun. Think very carefully about how good your beta skills are versus whether you just want a free game before anyone else has it.

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko

Last edited by Mindfield; 08-04-2009 at 12:31 AM.

08-04-2009, 12:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfield View Post
Note to potential applicants: By his own admission, he has a gun. Think very carefully about how good your beta skills are versus whether you just want a free game before anyone else has it.
that gave me a good laugh. I would apply but I just got a butt load of betas lined up this week and I don't want to get any two overlapping too much. Good luck with the beta

although I have to say atommo you are pretty funny there too. When do you plan to start the beta?

Beta testing:Not currently able to beta test Tested: iPlutoid, Fish Fun, Armor Alley, Underworlds, 33rd DIVISION, Robocalypse: Mobile Mayhem, Earth VS Moon, Cash Machine, Helion, Zenonia, Koala Dartz, iSR, Baseball Slugger: Home Run Race 3D, Crazy Snowboard, Galactic Gunner, Rune Mage, Match3D, Card Ninja, iGangster.

Last edited by Clymos; 08-04-2009 at 12:39 AM.
08-04-2009, 12:49 AM
I haven't got anything pressing in the way of betas at the moment, so I threw my hat in the ring. And invested in some kevlar -- just in case.

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko
08-04-2009, 01:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfield View Post
I haven't got anything pressing in the way of betas at the moment, so I threw my hat in the ring. And invested in some kevlar -- just in case.
Well if they plan to turn unsuccessful applicants into high protein cubes and serve them with beef gravy you may need more than Kevlar

Beta testing:Not currently able to beta test Tested: iPlutoid, Fish Fun, Armor Alley, Underworlds, 33rd DIVISION, Robocalypse: Mobile Mayhem, Earth VS Moon, Cash Machine, Helion, Zenonia, Koala Dartz, iSR, Baseball Slugger: Home Run Race 3D, Crazy Snowboard, Galactic Gunner, Rune Mage, Match3D, Card Ninja, iGangster.
08-04-2009, 01:58 AM
It probably won't be for a couple of weeks. The big obstacle is going to be the art. We were using a friend of the coders, but he's got other commitments right now.

I already got my first protein cube. Someone PM'ed me to be a tester without reading the actual post.

Fragged!

Don't worry Mindfield, it wasn't you. Actually that was a perfect application you emailed. You're in.

Okay, the rest of you potential gravy boat bailers, get in line!

Hopefully this name will update soon as I requested a name change. I'm no longer affiliated with Atommo games.
08-04-2009, 02:03 AM
Hmm, I'd do it, but I've never beta tested before, so I feel a little unqualified.
08-04-2009, 04:18 AM
The same as Pyro. I don't want to become a protein cube for the rest of my life cause, without hands, I couldn't use my iPhone
But I find the announcement very funny (and clear).
08-04-2009, 04:40 AM
Beta tester

Games previously beta tested: Sci-Fly, Automangle, Alienmangle, Quadrum Colors, and Quickdraw. All for the iPhone and iPod Touch.

Bug Report:
I recently aquired 3D Chess by Orient Maple, and I quickly ran into a bug involved in moving my right side Knight. The opponent's Queen had just captured my right side Rook, and it was then my turn, and I made an attemp to move it from it's position, but the game would not allow me to do so. I was not in Check or any such incident, I believe it was just a rogue bug that had not been smoothed out beforehand in previous versions.

App version of incident: 2.1 (OS 3.0 Tested)
Hardware/Platform of use during incident: iPod Touch 1st Gen.
Firmware version number: iPhone OS 3.0
Severity (Level of Importance): 2-3/10

Reproduction instructions: I believe it was an off-the-wall bug, but here is a small idea of how it happened by a description of what my back row looked like at the time. It was as follows, from left to right: My King, my Rook next to it, several squares over, my Bishop, then the Knight in question (Subject of incident), and finally in the right corner, the opponents Queen, having just captured my Rook.

Game Center ID: Vaelsh
I'm playing: Small World 2, The Pinball Arcade, Terraria
I'm waiting for: Shadowrun Returns, Micromon, Oceanhorn!

Last edited by vaelsh; 08-04-2009 at 04:44 AM.
08-04-2009, 05:04 AM
Beta tested/ing: Moonlights, Power pegs (Rest Games from Bonuslevel.org/com, i cant remember, all flash) Rolling turtle, Push, Hog Pop.

Bug report: In the moonlights editor, I deleted a path, and it deleted the entire level.
Level of importance 8-10

To recreate you add two nodes to the path and then make them both 100 speed, and delete one node, then delete the path. I have been able to recreate it like this

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoo View Post
Something along the lines of "You have bought 10 hats! A new hat is available for purchase in the store". But no hat.

Edit: I realize I am overly concerned about this hat.