★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: [$0.99] Headcase Games launches iFist!

08-04-2009, 03:22 AM
[$0.99] Headcase Games launches iFist!

Hey everyone,

I'm proud to announce that Headcase Games has just released iFist for iPhone and iPod Touch to the App Store. This is our first app on the store and our first game using the Cocos2d framework.

iFist is a rhythm and memory survival challenge game that takes its inspiration from Rock Paper Scissors and the electronic game Simon. The rules of the game are simple. Memorize the sequence of RPS throws and then recall the opposing gestures before time runs out. You're scored on accuracy and speed, and each round gets progressively more difficult as the game goes on.

iFist 1.0 features:
  • Fun and engaging pick up and play gameplay,
  • Sequence, Challenge, and Expert game modes,
  • Local and global high score rankings,
  • Colorful graphics and lively sound effects.

Screenshots:

YouTube:

Youtube link | Pop Up

http://www.ifist-game.com

iTunes (Affiliate Link):
http://bit.ly/ifisttoucharcade

If you're a fan of games that test your concentration and reaction time, I think you'll really enjoy playing iFist.

Thanks for your support!

Ben

P.S. Please let us know how you like it by reviewing the game or by posting a comment below.

-----
Headcase Games is Ben and Ron - expats from the console game industry and developers on the Tony Hawk series, Alpha Protocol, Neverwinter Nights 2, Knights of the Old Republic 2, Heroes of Might and Magic IV, and Caesar III.

Last edited by Prab; 08-04-2009 at 03:28 AM. Reason: embedded the video
08-04-2009, 08:36 PM
iFist promo code

We've hidden a promo code for our new app iFist in today's "Retro Game of the Day" Blog entry, especially for you guys - see if you can find it

08-04-2009, 08:40 PM
someone was lucky to get the code already.

Nice job. game looks fun. Tell us how is it!
08-04-2009, 08:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beans83 View Post
someone was lucky to get the code already.

Nice job. game looks fun. Tell us how is it!
so a lurker took it, wish it was a fellow TA'er so they could give firsthand opinions

You can contact me @ Skyye06@gmail.com
08-04-2009, 09:08 PM
okay got this game, will post impressions in a few

08-04-2009, 10:22 PM
Okay my initial thoughts are that this is a pretty decent game. It is a memory game as you all know and its pretty simple as you arre playing rockpaperscissors against the ai and memorize the sequence. There are three modes from what it seems the most is 24 levels. The sequence increases either everyso often to every round. I'd have to say it is pretty challanging not only do you memorize the sequence but the one that beats it. I have often lost track (of the sequence) in the later levels but eventually it becomes a lot easier. Music would be nice. I don't recommend it for everyone but if your into these type of memory games/or have somwhat interest, for 99 cents its worth a try. 3/5

08-04-2009, 11:59 PM
Thanks again for the review - glad you enjoyed it!

It has been an exciting day as it's our first app release (well - I have released several games before with a big team but this is 1st time doing a 2-man effort, a totally different world). Putting the word out is difficult in these days of avalanches of releases to compete against, esp. when you have relatively high-production value games coming out all over the place and then ours is kinda sporting the "hand-drawn look" - but it works, and I can honestly say it's way more fun to play than some bigger $$$ games I have on my resume :/

We are a brand new dev and we appreciate the support of our fellow forum-guys at this early stage. Thanks again for your support and your time - we are very excited to deliver even better games now that we've got that critical "first release" out the door!

Now go in and try to give me a score to beat!
08-05-2009, 03:49 PM
son of iFist Promo Code

alright I hid one more code in our blog. It's not in the new post - it's an older one (yeah that's right you lurkers are gonna have to work for this!) and a little more cleverly hidden. But not hard if you have half-a-brain and like old videogames

Hint #1 - a game about police
Hint #2 - no robots in this game

good luck!
08-05-2009, 03:58 PM
Send a message via ICQ to JCik68 Send a message via Skype™ to JCik68
find it! NYLN3E3TXAFK
thank you, will post impressions later

Add me @ Gamecenter - JCik#68
08-05-2009, 04:05 PM
this game reminds me of master hand and crazy hand on SSB