Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Promo Codes and Contests

Old 11-12-2013, 02:13 PM
iPhone 5c, iOS 7.x

Default Monkey Land 3D w/free download codes!

leave a comment and I will send you a free code!

Jan 16, 2014 Update
I still have a handful of codes for anyone who didn't get to try my game out the first time I posted codes. There have been some updates but mostly I'm starting to work on a new game so I just want to get rid of these codes!

Youtube Video Link

Youtube link | Pop Up

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=209467

Tutorial Needed!
You REALLY need to press the Joystick at leat 50 - 75% up the screen to jump high. The general consensus is this is not obvious and people aren't jumping as high as they should be like in my video.

It is so important to use the full range of the joystick to jump up places. Don't just press it to the edge of the circle it goes past the EDGE

Youtube Video Link

Youtube link | Pop Up

Description

Mugen the monkey is a pirate looking for treasure! Help him and his friends explore huge new worlds to find secret Dead Mans Chests. Play in a world of beaches, jungles, caverns and NOW a giant pumpkin world with flying ghosts! Can you save the Great Pumpkin Seed and find all the treasure!?!?

360 degree - 3D character control to explore vast 3D worlds!

Run fast to jump high and spin through the worlds with the Spin Attack!

No locked views!!! Ultimate Freedom!! Control your free camera with gyro tilt controls!

What's New in Version 1.7

The Great Pumpkin Seed Edition! Help save Halloween in these cool new levels full of pumpkins and ghosts!

New Level Select screen so you can jump into any unlocked levels!

Find the treasure in the Dead Mans Chest in each level to unlock it!

More characters and story missions added!

Viking helmet, shield and sword added!

Mugen the monkey can now spin around and look at you instead of running backwards for more precision control!

And finally the app icon has been revamped in Gold trim, honestly what MORE could you want!?..

Even more other cool stuff inside Monkey Land 3D!!

Here are some player comments so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessthissmess View Post
Great game. Easy and fun to play. Keep like this you'll get far
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightmenace View Post
This game is great! Definitely still needs polishing, but fun to play. I love the idea of racing the clock and gaining high scores.

The characters are cute and fit real well with each other. Would love to see more added! Textures and objects look awesome in this game!

I'm excited to see more of Monkey Land and what you can create for us! Perhaps a quick little (optional) introduction for directions? Such as, more in-depth details about the controls and a little intro on the games purpose. Like, "Collect bananas and open the Dead Man's Chests to unlock more levels and gain greater high scores."

Keep up the amazing work! We can all tell you're very dedicated to this project of yours. Keepin' my eye on this mobile game; hoping for an impressive old school platformer in the future!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeletonlord View Post
enjoying your game, however the controls can be awkward and I'm not sure where to go!

Good game though,
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkprophet2088 View Post
graphics are too notch. really good. I'd like to see some sfx for jumping. I like the controls for the most part; the thumb stick is in an excellent position but I'm not used to turning with te accelerometer yet. the framerate for the game is very smooth on 4s which is impressive with the graphics. the music is ok, but it makes the gameplay seem more frantic. overall, I do like monkey land 3D and I'll be keeping it to play and look forward for future updates. thank you very much for the opportunity to do a quick review!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRB4 View Post
I am glad that you were able to read my comments positively. I tried playing again after reading your tips about jumping and I did have a better time after realizing that, like you said, I had to move my finger waaaaay up the screen (like 75% like you said). I didn't realize that the virtual joystick was so big. the on screen representation is very small, so I figured that at most I should only move my finger to just above the joystick (like in the pictures you posted).

So thank you for clarifying that. However, even with that knowledge, the jumping is still pretty "loose". I would love to play this game with tighter controls, as the level designs seem pretty cool. As for collecting all of the bananas per level, with the current controls that seems ridiculously frustrating. I really wish that I could play this game with a physical controller, because I believe that it would fix a lot of these issues.

Thank you for your response
Quote:
Originally Posted by socom39 View Post
Monkey Land 3D is without a doubt a gorgeous game visually on my iPad. Personally playing for the first time took me back to when 3D platform games were just becoming a thing all the way back on my ps1.The gameplay is very straight forward as all you are required to do is finish a level by simply finding the exit. Along the way however the game challenges you to collect enough bananas by jumping around various obstacles. Nothing here is very unique or new to genre this is just a proven formula that works. The characters you encounter and the overall theme of the game are defiantly on point with the atmosphere created. My biggest issue with the entire experience came in the form of an annoying camera that only could be adjusted by tilting your device like a steering wheel. Personally I was disappointed that I couldn't go into an options menu and turn that feature off in favor of just dragging on the edge of my screen. Additionally I would like to see more challenging levels with different approaches as it does seem to get repetitive. However the developer seems to be dedicated towards this game and I'm defiantly looking forward to any future updates!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mako9227 View Post
I'm really liking the game so far and the only thing I would change is the camera controls. The tilt control is a good idea in theory but it's just too slow and lacks the precision necessary for a platforming game, especially when you are racing against the clock. I would recommend at least making it an option to drag on the screen in order to control the camera. Other than that great job! Keep up the good work!
Quote:
Originally Posted by repapermunky View Post
You should make the levels with enemies of sorts and the timer should be OPTIONAL. I think the game is cool, but it also feels like a bit of a missed opportunity. With enemies, power ups, bosses, etc. this game could've been THE game comparable to Super Mario 64 and those others previously mentioned. Just think about it. Maybe you'll make a whole other game like that. I know that is that was the case, and the gameplay was really in depth, I'd pay 10 bucks for it IF it was that good. But it's it just alright, I'd even pay around 6. Seriously, a missed opportunity is how I would sum up this game. That said, it is not a bad game. That's definitely not the case. It could use some better instruction, though. It has potential, as I believe DBC said. I agree with him 100%.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashes View Post
Thank you for the kind words and hopefully future iterations will live up to what you and some other players are wanting! I know I want to add lots of things and push it in more of a God of War direction haha but this is only my first game on iPhone! 10 bucks wow!? Let's just start with 99 cents and I will do my best to deliver the game you want in my next release! You can think of this game as the foundation and with the next one I can build on this with more more more!!! Thanks for playing and leaving your comments!

-Matt
@FMJgames
Quote:
Originally Posted by repapermunky View Post
No problem! This is a definitely a great start! I'm looking forward to see how you update this game, and what you may bring next. I'll keep my eye on your stuff now.

Last edited by Ashes; 01-16-2014 at 02:36 PM..
Old 11-12-2013, 02:22 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Aarrr, all three codes have been liberated, but not by me! Just confirming to save others the trouble. (And your post should probably have in the promo codes forum. Were you aware that existed?)
Old 11-12-2013, 02:30 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by dclose View Post
Aarrr, all three codes have been liberated, but not by me! Just confirming to save others the trouble. (And your post should probably have in the promo codes forum. Were you aware that existed?)
Welcome to the "all codes are used" crew...

DBC
Old 11-12-2013, 02:49 PM
iPhone 5c, iOS 7.x

Hi Dclose and Drummerboycroy,

I sent you both codes so check your inbox, I can give out a few more so leave a reply here if you like what you see and want to try for free :P

-Matt
@FMJgames on twitter
Old 11-12-2013, 02:54 PM

is there any way i can have a code too :P?
Old 11-12-2013, 02:58 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashes View Post
Hi Dclose and Drummerboycroy,

I sent you both codes so check your inbox,
Oh, that was unexpected! I wasn't fishing for a code, just surprised to see your post in price drops so decided to check 'em and posted when all proved gone so you'd know. But thank you for the code anyway! I'll definitely check out the game. I have a soft spot for pirate apps.
Old 11-12-2013, 03:08 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

I'd love to get a code too please, if at all possible.
Old 11-12-2013, 03:14 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

I like games with the Unreal Engine
Old 11-12-2013, 03:16 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by dclose View Post
Oh, that was unexpected! I wasn't fishing for a code, just surprised to see your post in price drops so decided to check 'em and posted when all proved gone so you'd know. But thank you for the code anyway! I'll definitely check out the game. I have a soft spot for pirate apps.
Hey, at least the developer will get something out of you beyond, "I'd like a code," and "Thanks for the free game..."

Code fisher.

DBC
Old 11-12-2013, 03:21 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Since you've offered, if you do happen to have a code left by the time you reach my post, I'd be thrilled to get one.