★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Navy Field

08-04-2009, 07:21 AM
Navy Field

itunes link - 99 cents

NAVY Field

LAUNCH SPECIAL: ONLY $.99!!! FOR FIRST FEW DAYS ONLY!!!

---------------------

-=DESCRIPTION=-

NAVY FIELD is a fun little shooter game.

Your little digital boat has drifted into enemy waters. You'll have to blast all the geometric enemy ships before they destroy you! Try to collect powerups when they show up, and don't let the enemy ships ram, shoot, or torpedo you. Weapon powerups are time limited, so you'll need to refresh them as often as possible.
Cruise around the sea while battling it out with other ships. The later levels get pretty difficult when the bigger enemies and homing missiles come out.

-= FEATURES =-
- Five types of enemy ships;
- Upgradable weapons;
- Easy-to-use game control system
- Sound support;
- Online high-score

08-04-2009, 07:32 AM
Looks very interesting, I especially like the looks of the graphics. I'll give it a go..

08-04-2009, 09:15 AM
I'm very curious how those boats move and how you control your ship. I hope it's not tap-to-shoot! It looks simple in the screenshots, but ample particle explosions and decent game physics will do it justice. Also, it says there is "sound support". What does that imply? A video would really help people decide. Definitely looks interesting.
08-04-2009, 09:48 AM
After playing the game a few times, I have to say that whilst it is a fun time-waster, there are a few issues that I have with this version. But first, more infomation about the game: It is top down shooter which has uses the same control system as games such as circuit strike.one, isotope and minigore, however, your weapon is contranly firing. The camera never moves, and the ship you control can only stay within that area. This can cause a few problems later on when the screen starts to become slightly crowded with al the enemies on screen. You have a basic range of enemies all ranging in size and number of guns.The graphics are simple and easy on the eye, with impressive particle effects, which in this case is a good thing, otherwise you could of gotten easily distracted by all the things happening. There is only one level, which gets increasingly harder over time, and every so often, a power up is dropped. I prefer the term power up due to the fact that it's benifits are only temporary. The only major gripe that I have about this are the controls. Whilst it is easy to control, the centre of each point is placed so low that it can be quite awkard to fire or move towards the bottom of the screen. I would personally give this a 7/10, as it is enjoyable, but there are better games in this genre and with the same price tag, so I could only recommend this to people who are addicted to top down shooters.

Last edited by howling techie; 08-04-2009 at 09:50 AM.
08-04-2009, 10:04 AM
@howling techie

I'm kinda 50/50 on the cool particle effects versus the controls and stationary camera you described. Now I have a pretty good idea what you mean. I'm not much of a top down shooter fan, but there are qualities that I do enjoy about the genre. I guess now it's just a matter of deciding on which game offers the best bang for my buck. Thanks for the details.. big help!
08-04-2009, 01:21 PM
yup, a video would definitely be nice to see (literally)
08-04-2009, 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilishly Good View Post
yup, a video would definitely be nice to see (literally)
I agree because i'm asking myself "Where is the rest of the game???" o_O
08-04-2009, 01:33 PM
Aw I thought we might be getting the mmo:

http://www.navyfield.com

A lot of games with similar names lately =\
08-04-2009, 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by powersurge View Post
Aw I thought we might be getting the mmo:

http://www.navyfield.com

A lot of games with similar names lately =\
...and, lol, here is a video on how NOT to play Navy Field

Youtube link | Pop Up
08-04-2009, 02:41 PM
Stylish. I'll try it.

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL