★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Papa Sangre II (Universal) $4.99 >> FREE!

11-14-2013, 01:42 AM
Papa Sangre II (Universal) $4.99 >> FREE!

11-14-2013, 02:12 AM
Huh, this is unexpected. I thought the game has been well-received and considered a pretty big release.

=>> HEY YOU! Why own an iPad if you haven't played CRABITRON? <<=

Playing: Corridor Z, Goblin Sword, Lost Toys, Duet Game, Layton Brother, Threes!, Solomon's Keep, Crabitron, Punch Quest, IB3, Sword & Sworcery (Recommend them all!)

11-14-2013, 02:25 AM
Thanks for heads up.

Pine Entertainment
11-14-2013, 02:28 AM
Even an Editor Choice like Papa Sangre II needs to go $0.99? It seems like the appstore could not be saved from becoming a freemium junkyard. The first one didn't go on sale until 6 months after release. Lol, it seems like no one is buying the game at launch price anymore. What is our World becoming........? Please, Oceanhorn don't ever go on sale.....You are my last hope. I respect Simogo for not slashing the price tag of their games as well.

Last edited by biokid; 11-14-2013 at 02:33 AM.
11-14-2013, 02:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by biokid View Post
Even an Editor Choice like Papa Sangre II needs to go $0.99? It seems like the appstore could not be saved from becoming a freemium junkyard. The first one didn't go on sale until 6 months after release. Lol, it seems like no one is buying the game at launch price anymore. What is our World becoming........? Please, Oceanhorn don't ever go on sale.....You are my last hope. I respect Simogo for not slashing the price tag of their games as well.
Lots of people think this is stupid, but I wish there was either a premium app store, or a premium section in the existing app store.

To be labeled premium the app would have to be locked into the launch price for 1 year before being moved out of the premium category.

Something like that.

Not sure what incentive the makers of the game would have to do that though

Maybe premium games could have a smaller % of their money go to apple? (Which apple would never agree to, but since they are getting a smaller % of a larger $, maybe it would work out either way)?

Im just rambling now. Forgive me
11-14-2013, 03:14 AM
This game is the one with higher score in Metacritic right now.

100% must have!

http://www.metacritic.com/game/ios

Heavy Devil is my latest game, check it out! AppStore GooglePlay

Last edited by Drakeer Melkhor; 11-14-2013 at 03:16 AM.
11-14-2013, 03:30 AM
still think its strange, that an audio game does not work on an iphone4

Stop viewing Signatures
->editoptions->Scroll down to "Thread Display Options"->Uncheck "Show Signatures"->Scroll down, hit "Save Changes"
11-14-2013, 03:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by soup View Post
still think its strange, that an audio game does not work on an iphone4
This. I would have got it if it work on ipod 4.
11-14-2013, 05:59 AM
Pfft. Well, at least this makes the buckholes happy.

It's a great game, and it doesnt deserve to be priced this low, but since it is, it's an easy recommendation.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
11-14-2013, 08:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by biokid View Post
The first one didn't go on sale until 6 months after release.
Not true. The first one went on sale 6.99-> 4.99 after one month out and it went 4.99-> FREE two months later. But yeah it did take 6 mints to try the 0.99 price point but it had several sales before that with FREE being the best deal of them all.

I'm not saying they shouldn't be paid for the game, just saying the track record of this dev would make this sale fairly predictable. Often too devs price high at launch to get people during that first sale because the pressure of a sale will push many to buy stuff even I they aren't that interested. So it's not the gamers fault any more than the dev that actually flips the switch soon after launch.

Heck the dev behind Super Lemonade Factory just flipped things further by offering the sequel game Free at launch to get feedback, reviews and such so the game can go to paid and have a chance among the masses. Which he did something similar quickly after the launch of the first game so it must have worked well enough to try it on launch day.