★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

4 Thrones $1.99 -> FREE!!! + Kickstarter

11-14-2013, 12:34 PM
4 Thrones $1.99 -> FREE!!! + Kickstarter

We're officially launching our Kickstarter today to make custom playing cards based on the digital cards from the 4 Thrones game.

To celebrate (already 15% funded, w00t!) we're putting it on a 1 day sale for FREE. Don't miss out on this super slick little game and be sure to check out our Kickstarter to help us get funded and for some awesome rewards

11-14-2013, 02:09 PM
Color me intrigued.

I'll give it a shot.

War. War never changes.

11-14-2013, 05:06 PM
Very simple and enjoyable card game with nice minimalist graphics. Thanks to the developer for making this treat free, if only for a day!

Game Center: MarinasideSteve
11-14-2013, 05:13 PM
I'm really liking this game so far and I think I've found a strategy so that you will almost always choose the best card in single/endless modes. Just tap the card to see possible moves and then play in this order:
1. Play on a king or queen, if none are available...
2. Play on the highest number card possible(suit doesn't matter); if this doesn't work...
3. Play on a jack or an ace, if you have no possible moves...
4.Then, and only then, should you skip the card.

The only other thing that really needs to be considered is that you may not want to play on a king or queen if you have a particularly high card but I've found that it's usually best to play. I almost always play on kings since you MUST have a spade or an ace to play on it.

There are a few cases where this technique isn't perfect but it has worked pretty well for me so far. Thanks to the dev for making this great game! Keep up the good work!
11-14-2013, 05:27 PM
It is a fun game, but you can get ridiculously screwed on luck of the draw.

My very first game after the tutorial:

Started with the following cards - 10 of Spades, 9 of Hearts, 9 of Diamonds, and 8 of Clubs.

First draw - 4 of Clubs. Have to pass.
Second draw - 6 of Spades. Have to pass.
Third draw - 7 of Clubs. Have to pass.
Fourth draw - 3 of Hearts. Game over, Try again?

I was pretty frustrated to say the least. So if you get dealt a bunch of high starting cards, you might not have a very fun time.

Game Center ID: TRBIV
Tiny Tower Vegas v1.0: 10TZM
11-14-2013, 05:28 PM
Glad you're enjoying it!

You picked it up QUICK!

Kings mode is my personal fav too, it's brutal, but once you get a big win you feel like a boss!

Let me know if you have any questions or comments, you can always email me from the main menu too, a bit more convenient
11-14-2013, 05:50 PM
Bought this when it first came out. No regrets - it's a great card game.

There is some more advanced strategy too - sometimes it's useful to pass on a high card even if you can put it down, for instance, if you want to keep some low cards free.
11-14-2013, 05:51 PM
BTW Kurt - the cards look great, but the overseas shipping cost puts them out of my price range!
11-15-2013, 12:26 PM
@mr_bez: Oh man! Darn, I know they're the international shipping is a killer I did my best to make them as reasonable as possible, but it's my first Kickstarter and it's super new to me, trying to make sure there are enough funds there to cover any extenuating issues.

If you have any ideas on how to lower those costs, I'm all ears.

And super thanks for supporting the game

I remembered meeting you on PocketGamer, so it's awesome to see a familiar face!
11-15-2013, 12:34 PM
Give it a try, thanks