★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

How will Gameloft's New FPS, Modern Combat: Sandstorm effect Livefire-KillTest

View Poll Results: Will you get LiveFire/Kill Test or Modern Combat: Sandstorm?
Modern Combat: Sandstorm 54 30.86%
LiveFire/KillTest 28 16.00%
Both 93 53.14%
Voters: 175. You may not vote on this poll
08-04-2009, 01:08 PM
#1
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 247
How will Gameloft's New FPS, Modern Combat: Sandstorm effect Livefire-KillTest

How will Gameloft's New FPS, How will Gameloft's New FPS, Modern Combat: Sandstorm effect Livefire-KillTest? Will people buy a Halo type game or Call of Duty. Personally i will get both. But if Modern Combat: Sandstorm has multiplayer i will get that 1st if not I'll get Livefire-KillTest first. Ill leave a poll to see how the release of Gameloft's New FPS, Modern Combat: Sandstorm effect Livefire-KillTest.

Plus+ ID: Genius
08-04-2009, 01:10 PM
#2
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 148
First off how is LiveFire a halo type of game? It doesn't have a story or aliens that I know of, and you required to buy weapons...

And my 2 cents on the issue, if Sandstorm has multiplayer then LiveFire is going to be forgotten quickly.

08-04-2009, 01:10 PM
#3
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,476
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genius View Post
How will Gameloft's New FPS, How will Gameloft's New FPS, Modern Combat: Sandstorm effect Livefire-KillTest? Will people buy a Halo type game or Call of Duty. Personally i will get both. But if Modern Combat: Sandstorm has multiplayer i will get that 1st if not I'll get Livefire-KillTest first. Ill leave a poll to see how the release of Gameloft's New FPS, Modern Combat: Sandstorm effect Livefire-KillTest.

Plus+ ID: Genius
Well seeing as how Gameloft blows, I'd say little if any effect. I'm so tired of their games that all feel like "i" rip-off's. It's not that their games are bad, it's just that they never break the mold. They go with tried and true cookie cutter games that just fill the void and nothing more. No substance, no originality.

My friend said to me, "I think the weather's trippy." I said, "No, man, it's not the weather that's trippy, perhaps it is the way that we perceive it that is indeed trippy." Then I thought, "Man, I should've just said, 'Yeah."CS.one R3DC3ll Faction-Join us or die...proud member of TheBeastlyNinja Epic-uber elite comedy crew
08-04-2009, 01:12 PM
#4
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 4,568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Cipher View Post
...and you required to buy weapons...
No your not.
08-04-2009, 01:14 PM
#5
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 247
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Cipher View Post
First off how is LiveFire a halo type of game? It doesn't have a story or aliens that I know of, and you required to buy weapons...

And my 2 cents on the issue, if Sandstorm has multiplayer then LiveFire is going to be forgotten quickly.
LiveFire/KillTest is futuristic like halo. And you can only buy armor.

And yes i agree with you that if Sandstorm has multiplayer then livefire will probably be forgotten.
08-04-2009, 01:15 PM
#6
Joined: May 2009
Location: TA 09'
Posts: 2,006
I don't really understand how Livefire/Killtest resembles Halo... It just reminds me of Alien Arena (free fps game). And how Modern Combat: Sandstorm has to do with COD4, It just reminds me of some other games that are free to play.

Upcoming iPhone Games: World of Midgard,Paper Monsters, LostWinds,The First Attempt,Blade Slinger, Kale in Dinoland, Prevail
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayerzack1 View Post
the psp sucks it has dumb games the nintendo ds is so much better
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodapp View Post
Dumb people are dumb.
08-04-2009, 01:17 PM
#7
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: 31.560499, -111.904128
Posts: 7,471
If MC: Sandstorm doesn't have online multiplayer then both.
I would have MC: Sandstorm for the singleplayer and KillTest for the online multiplayer.
I prefer the 'modern' (as in current) FPS games rather than the futuristic/sci-fi FPS games.

From watching videos of both games, I like MC: Sandstorm better. I really hope in has online multiplayer but if it doesn't then I will still buy it but get KillTest also.

Hakuna Matata
08-04-2009, 01:21 PM
#8
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Coolidge, AZ
Posts: 5,892
Quote:
Originally Posted by le'deuche123 View Post
Well seeing as how Gameloft blows, I'd say little if any effect. I'm so tired of their games that all feel like "i" rip-off's. It's not that their games are bad, it's just that they never break the mold. They go with tried and true cookie cutter games that just fill the void and nothing more. No substance, no originality.
I agree for the most part. Especially with thier sports games. I do enjoy quite a few of thier games though. I don't think they nessisarily suck, but your right. They never really do anything that breaks the mold. But then again it seems that people are weird about bringing something innovative to the table.

Still might check this out though. It doesn't look bad all in all. I get both.

The thing is, is when this game is released people will hype up to "Ohhh Modern Combat is way better than Livefire it will never beat this!" then when Livefire comes out, the hype will be revved up again, and then upon it's release it will shift to livefire. Then you'll hear "OMG Livefire is such a Modern Combat killer!!!11!!111!!!!"

So I mean I dunno. I plan on getting both but it will be cool to see how they play out.

And I agree that Livefire looks more "Halo"-esque and Modern Combat looks like... Modern Warfare...hmmmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelperMonkey View Post
Conservatives hate liberals because they think that liberals think they're stupid.

Liberals hate conservatives because they think that they're stupid.
Win.

Last edited by Booch138; 08-04-2009 at 01:24 PM.
08-04-2009, 01:27 PM
#9
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: ...
Posts: 1,020
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowsFall View Post
I don't really understand how Livefire/Killtest resembles Halo... It just reminds me of Alien Arena (free fps game). And how Modern Combat: Sandstorm has to do with COD4, It just reminds me of some other games that are free to play.
i think its mainly the art style and what we've seen of the maps

memory cards
08-04-2009, 01:28 PM
#10
It will kill them....lol

Gamertag - dominator246