Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-14-2013, 05:16 PM
Developer

Default Pocket God Ooga Jump: Episode 3: Home of the Grave

Hey Guys,

Our latest update just came out last night. We added a graveyard theme and also made a lot of improvements to the UI.

We added a hint now, if you die from the same baddy more that once then you get a hint as far as how to beat it. You can also see your objective list on the pause screen now.

We've done a lot of soul searching over the last week. Sales of Ooga Jump are really, really low right now so we need to do something drastic to see if we can turn it around. The next update will focus on redoing the existing artifact system. We will be removing all the current artifacts and instead putting artifacts in the game instead. We will be keeping two of them and replacing the rest with 4 new ones. Each artifact will appear randomly in the game and will be upgradable in the store. You will be able to increase the frequency, increase the time it lasts, some artifacts have extra features that can be enabled as well. 6 levels of upgrades.

In order to make it fair, when the next update comes out and you own any of the old artifacts. We will refund the cost of those artifacts in gems.

We will also be adding ads to the game. however, in this update there is a hidden preference that I am setting so I can tell that you paid for the game. This will make it so you will not see ads. but you have to play this update of the game to enable it. This flag will be stored in your keychain and in iCloud. even if you delete the game the flag will not get erased, however a new device will not be able to see the flag unless it is hooked up to the same iCloud account or is restored from a backup with the game data.

Another big change that is coming is that we will be charging 0.99 for skins and themes when the next update comes out in a few weeks. We need to do this in order to try and make money with the game. Once you get good at collecting gems, the themes and skins are actually pretty easy to get and we need to make sure we bring in revenue for Allan's work. So you guys a have couple weeks to unlock whatever you can before this happens.

Gems will be only used for save me, artifact upgrades, and skipping objectives. If we can turn around the progress of the game, then we will add more gem features.

btw, if you purchased a theme or skin with gems. we record it in the keychain and in iCloud. so even if you delete the app, your purchase will still remain. Just be careful that nothing happens to your iCloud data and you keep everything backed up. iCloud is free, there is no reason not to have it.

Anyway, please give me your feedback about the update and the future direction. I am listening and will answer questions in this thread.

Youtube link | Pop Up

Old 11-14-2013, 05:26 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Can't wait to see power-ups in the game, that's something I missed. This will make the game way better imo.
Old 11-14-2013, 05:30 PM

So my $.99 purchase got me this awesome insta-fix jumper (I prefer it over Doodle Jump) and no ads when it goes free... Works for me Dave I also like the idea with the upgradeable artifacts. Thanks for keeping us up to date.
Old 11-14-2013, 05:32 PM
iPad, iOS 4.x

That artifact power up idea is really interesting... Also approve the 0.99 price for skins and themes. I would also like to see a character power up sistem, if possible. And also themed enemies and obstacles, a gem combo multiplier and maybe, when the game will start gaining his deserved success, new enemy areas.
Also, congratulations for the last issue of the comic. It's AWESOME!
Old 11-14-2013, 05:40 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by drek95 View Post
That artifact power up idea is really interesting... Also approve the 0.99 price for skins and themes. I would also like to see a character power up sistem, if possible. And also themed enemies and obstacles, a gem combo multiplier and maybe, when the game will start gaining his deserved success, new enemy areas.
Also, congratulations for the last issue of the comic. It's AWESOME!
unfortunately, the way things are going, I don't think we will be able to get to the items on this list.

Let's hope things turn around.
Old 11-14-2013, 07:52 PM

I would guess that the Ghost Charm and the Gem Amulet would be the two artifacts that will remain.
Old 11-14-2013, 08:00 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

When you make the skins and themes 1 dollar will you only get like one theme or skin or like a few just wondering because 1 dollar for one little character is a little much make it 2 dollars for 2 characters and a theme and you have a deal please reply thanks
Old 11-14-2013, 08:04 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzzed View Post
I would guess that the Ghost Charm and the Gem Amulet would be the two artifacts that will remain.
You would be right

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuzzyjr23 View Post
When you make the skins and themes 1 dollar will you only get like one theme or skin or like a few just wondering because 1 dollar for one little character is a little much make it 2 dollars for 2 characters and a theme and you have a deal please reply thanks
we are thinking 1 dollar per character, not sure if there is a way to do bundle deals like that but I will consider it. I know it's a little expensive and we can always change things later.
Old 11-14-2013, 08:37 PM

Man this game is so great. Sad to see what's happening. I wish and hope you guys the best as you ARE one of the best. Sounds like a good plan overall.
Old 11-14-2013, 08:42 PM

The direction this is taking sounds really nice, sounds like it's exactly what the game needs to turn around. I think this will definitely rise in the free app charts.