Old 11-14-2013, 05:17 PM

Default Tank Nation

Old 11-14-2013, 05:17 PM

Looks great
Old 11-14-2013, 06:12 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

I'll give this a go too.
Old 11-14-2013, 07:38 PM

The game itself is really polished and the art style is great. However the energy system is undesirable, and sadly this game is extremely Pay-To-Win....
Old 11-14-2013, 08:27 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Look great, give a try.
Old 11-16-2013, 02:02 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirs View Post
The game itself is really polished and the art style is great. However the energy system is undesirable, and sadly this game is extremely Pay-To-Win....
I'd call it more Pay-To-Hope-You-Get-Lucky-On-The-Wheel-Of-Fortune than Pay-To-Win.

My biggest issue is with the upgrade system. If you want to build a tank around a particular element, anti-element or attack style, there doesn't seem to be any real way to focus on that. Later on you can probably "grind" on certain stages to try and get particular drops to appear, but your options are rather limited at first.

The Parts Shop gives you completely random equipment whether you use Arena Medals or Premium Currency. A weapon or movement type that doesn't fit your style ends up being a complete waste of resources.

And since the Arena is Player VS CPU-controlled Player and you ALWAYS get a 3+ move First Strike, there's not really much of a multiplayer element. VS Combat might get deeper later on, but right now it's just "find the angle that hits four times, have equipment strong enough to win a battle of endurance, use your turn advantage to win."

It's definitely well-drawn and well-polished, but I'm left wondering exactly what I'm working towards other than getting strong enough to pass the next point on the map. It's largely a single-player experience with an energy timer, but it's not a bad distraction to play for brief periods every now and again.
Old 11-16-2013, 04:04 AM
iPad mini 2

I played it for 15 minutes, that was enough.
Old 11-16-2013, 10:30 PM

Play the game for 30 minutes, and don't want to play it again. Sorry.
Old 11-19-2013, 02:20 PM

Blatant cash grab with tickets that run out, gems that run out, gas that runs out and it has timers that need real money to refill.
Old 11-20-2013, 12:33 PM

I thought the multiple tank slots meant we'd get to start taking multiple tanks into battle at once. I'm having a hard time sticking with it/caring to beef up a single tank to take on the mini-boss at stage 9. I genuinely thought, like the AI, I'd get to field more than one. Or maybe I'm an idiot and you can...that is a genuine possibility.

:::sigh:::

The FtP is pervasive but incredibly mild. I haven't spent a dime in a few days of play and don't see the need to--recharges are relatively quick, currency and XP is easily grindable.