★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Zombie Bowling

08-04-2009, 02:41 PM
Zombie Bowling

itunes link - $1.99

Zombie Bowling

So what's there to do for kicks on a Saturday night after the Zombie Apocalypse? Why, go bowling of course. Zombie Bowling. But look out, zombie bowling pins fight back!

Zombie Bowling is like regular bowling... sort of. Instead of normal bowling pins you'll be knocking down the undead. But unlike the type of bowling you may be used to, any zombie “pins” you don't drop with your bowling ball will come after you, craving to satisfy their hunger for human flesh and brains.

But fear not! In addition to your bowling ball you've also got your trusty side arm. Don't waste any ammo though, you start the game with only five shots. You earn additional ammunition as you bowl; one shot for each spare and two shots for each strike.

So armed you are prepared for fun and action in this 3D arcade game for the iPhone and iPod touch. Choose from three engaging bowling environments, including “Dawn at the Mall”, and arm yourself with one of six available bowling balls including “The Corpse Crusher” and “The Pink Punisher”.

Feeling more like shooting zombies than bowling them down? Then choose “Shoot” mode and get in some target practice. Hone your aim and see how many waves of zombies you can take out. Get detailed stats on each shooting session to help you improve your skills.

Zombie Bowling may be the most fun you can have with the walking dead while wearing a bowling shirt.

FEATURES:
- Zombies!
- Play in Bowl or Shoot Mode
- 3D Bowling Environments
- Unique Bowling Balls
- Detailed Statistics in Shoot Mode
- Zombies!

We suggest restarting your device after installing.

Zombie Bowling plays best on the iPhone 3GS.

Youtube link | Pop Up
08-04-2009, 02:43 PM
WTF... Zombie Bowling... Seriously..

08-04-2009, 02:51 PM
not bad Ill probably get this one later.
08-04-2009, 02:55 PM
...they should have made it like basebal slugger where you can buy bowling balls, bowling shirts, gloves, and shoes that help out your stats
08-04-2009, 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilishly Good View Post
...they should have made it like basebal slugger where you can buy bowling balls, bowling shirts, gloves, and shoes that help out your stats
yeah and there should be a baseball mode too where you can swing and hit the ball to knock them down. There is a game called Hit or Die like that but its only sideview
08-04-2009, 03:10 PM
wow....at least the graphics are scary!

"It's very difficult to keep the line between the past and the present." - Edith Bouvier Beale
currently playing: circuit strike one, COCOTO, resident evil 4 mobile, Eliminate Plus+Kevko
08-05-2009, 04:49 AM
Ok well I TOFTT on this one. The game has some potential but in it's current state it needs a lot of work and polish. It can be saved if the devs decide to keep working on it.

The graphics in this game are bad. Some of the zombies have square heads and bodies, almost reminds me of some of the characters from Gumby.

The physics of the game are anywhere from bad to mediocre. You can bowl the ball fine but the zombies fall like a bunch of maniquins, it doesn't look or feel right.

The sounds of the game are not impressive either, the zombies sound like a really old man trying to walk up a staircase.

With all that being said the gameplay is somewhat passable, just could be much better. This is not the worst game I've ever played, but there are noticeable obvious flaws to the overall design.

I'm not gonna waste my time writing a detailed review or getting into the gameplay but if anyone wants to know any more just ask.
08-05-2009, 05:26 AM
The graphics dont look too flattering
i think im gonna pass

Currently Playing: MiniGore, LUXOR, Baseball Sluggers, Zenonia, Spy Bot Chronicles,
openfeint ID: stykman Plus+ ID: Stykman
Twitter: Stykman1 follow me
Beta tested: 15 games
08-06-2009, 07:18 AM
Nice idea. But you should work on the graphics and animations. I love Zombie games.

zombie

ZombieSmash! - The Game that Splatters! - OUT NOW! Twitter - Blog - Facebook - Get it on iTunes
#1 Paid App in the US and many other countries!
08-06-2009, 07:20 AM
Texture on the bowling ball, 5th pic: undeinably hi-definition.