★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Dwice by Andrey Novikov $1.99 -> FREE

11-15-2013, 05:48 AM
Dwice by Andrey Novikov $1.99 -> FREE

Game Center: sink_or_swim
11-15-2013, 05:51 AM
Look nice, thanks for head-up.

11-15-2013, 05:57 AM
Not surprised to see this down to free tbh, Its a great game but with so many iaps (some costing more than the game) for basic things like double touch I can see why a lot of people have hesitated on this.

It is a a fun puzzler and def has the Tetris feel to it.
11-15-2013, 06:38 AM
Didn't this come out like last week? That combined with the high IAPs makes me wonder if this is another case where this may have been planned. Either way, it once again sucks for early adoptors.
11-15-2013, 07:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudpuff View Post
Not surprised to see this down to free tbh, Its a great game but with so many iaps (some costing more than the game) for basic things like double touch I can see why a lot of people have hesitated on this.

It is a a fun puzzler and def has the Tetris feel to it.
I'm sorry, are you saying there is an IAP for a control type?

DBC

I could never give up.
11-15-2013, 08:08 AM
Considering Marbly (the last game I remember from this dev) and how it launched free and went paid, went free, and was full of IAP and has been free ever since. Also two months after launch a premium Deluxe version came out minus the IAP. So this surely was planned to be free from the beginning. Don't be shocked if it stays free.

All in all, I don't expect there were a lot of early adopters. And if there were this is a big case of buyer beware.
11-15-2013, 08:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drummerboycroy View Post
I'm sorry, are you saying there is an IAP for a control type?

DBC
These are the iaps. -

Double Touch - allows dragging two shapes at once

Multi Touch - Dragging multiple shapes at a time - at 2.49 this is the most expensive.

Shield

Ultra shield

To be fair you do get the odd freebie as double touch is essential to complete some of the objectives but still......

Super Fever Mode

Blitz Mode
11-15-2013, 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightc1 View Post
Considering Marbly (the last game I remember from this dev) and how it launched free and went paid, went free, and was full of IAP and has been free ever since. Also two months after launch a premium Deluxe version came out minus the IAP. So this surely was planned to be free from the beginning. Don't be shocked if it stays free.

All in all, I don't expect there were a lot of early adopters. And if there were this is a big case of buyer beware.

I had a hunch it would go free but didn't say anything in the main thread, I was planning to buy this on release but with so many other titles coming out it got put on hold and on checking out the thread I saw some wernt happy about the iaps and expressed my opinon, afterwards the dev gave me code and while I do think its a good game the iaps would take away the fairness of the highscores imo.

*eta but I guess at free there is nothing to lose.
11-15-2013, 09:16 AM
Note to self: do not support this dev in the future.
11-15-2013, 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke12 View Post
Is double tap from blitz mode iap included on normal mode too?
Quote:
First time ever im tempted to try to get my money back. And Wildsnake aint helping either by ignoring questions.
Quote:
Thanks
Quote:
This clears things up a bit. Maybe you shouldve told that earlier
Quote:
Note to self: do not support this dev in the future.