★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: "For anyone who enjoys a good dungeon-crawling adventure, I would recommend checking out MacGuffin Quest. It is universal, with the lush cartoon graphics looking great on any screen."
-AppAdvice.com

9 out of 10 wizards agree: you must play this hilarious & challenging dungeon-crawling adventure!
MacGuffin Quest provides your daily dose of collecting, fighting, unlocking, and escaping in one complete package.

Play as Knight, Archer and Wizard to collect the precious MacGuffins. Unlock outrageous gear and achieve fame & fortune. Beware! The very environment you explore will fight back, and you must make your escape before the dungeon--or your own greed--gets the best of you.

Let the MacGuffin Quest begin!

Switch between 3 characters with unique abilities on the fly
Customize your adventurers
Unlock powerful AND hilarious gear and items
Explore randomized levels for a new experience every time you play
Experience heart-pumping escape sequences
Sync your game on iCloud (play on any iOS device!)

Experience epic dungeon crawling on the go.
Download & play MacGuffin Quest for free today!

PixelRay's comments:

To embed a youtube video:

Hey folks,
I'm a developer at Pixel Crucible, part of Execution Labs. We just released our game MacGuffin Quest pretty much worldwide for iPhone / iPod / iPad.

Try it out, let us know what you think,

Thanks!
11-15-2013, 01:38 PM
Looks really good, but i dont easily download games for free anymore.

Anyone has imps on this? It does look really solid, and funny.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword

11-15-2013, 01:53 PM
Looks awesome. Downloading now.
11-15-2013, 02:01 PM
Yeah, it's the worst kind of IAP in that you are encouraged to pay premium currency to revive your 3 characters. You have the option to not revive but you start back at the beginning. It would be a cool game if it wasn't freemium.
11-15-2013, 02:45 PM
Dying is part of the game. It's a sort of Rogue-Like, and you get to use the MacGuffins you collected to unlock better gear.
11-15-2013, 03:17 PM
To be fair, you can definitely play this game without spending real cash money. You can even upgrade your characters without premium currency. But I'd much rather pay an upfront cost for this game than mess with IAP.

Recap, healing potions cost crystals (premium currency) and so does reviving characters. At any point you can switch between characters which is cool. If all 3 characters die, you go back to the beginning and start over, keeping whatever upgrades and coins you've obtained. IAP for Coin Doubler is $4.99 which removes ads as well. IAP for crystals and coins which is spent on upgrades.

It's just not my cup of tea.
11-16-2013, 05:52 PM
Thanks for the feedback ScotDamn, you've helped us understand that the fact that the game revolves around completing many expeditions is not clear enough to the players.

We are already working on improvements to make this clearer, and make the overall experience more enjoyable.
06-25-2014, 02:03 PM
The game crashes right at the startup for me on my iPad Air, right after logging into GC. Is it something to do with my 495 friends?

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
06-25-2014, 02:51 PM

I will give it a try.

@LordGek

I thought that Bug was only when you had above the 500 Friends on GC

Last edited by Sanuku; 06-25-2014 at 05:55 PM.
06-25-2014, 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanuku View Post
I will give it a try.

@LordGek

I thought that Bug was only when you had above the 500 Friends on GC
500 is no longer the cut off point?

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews