★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

FishMoto $1.99 --> $0.99

11-15-2013, 02:02 PM
#1
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 78
FishMoto $1.99 --> $0.99

It's my birthday on the 18th so FishMoto is on sale for the weekend. Elastomania-esque physics time trial game -- high difficulty.


Youtube link | Pop Up




Last edited by JTown; 11-15-2013 at 02:06 PM.
11-15-2013, 02:06 PM
#2
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: a[V-O-I-D]
Posts: 14,104
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
Any update on widescreen support? I thought I remembered you mentioning something about the Ouya... and then you were thinking of optimizing the game for newer devices? Or am I remembering wrong...?

Anyway... if you guys don't have this yet - you should definitely check it out. It's one of my favorite physics games on the iOS. Definitely unique, challenging and loads of fun!
11-15-2013, 03:00 PM
#3
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
Any update on widescreen support? I thought I remembered you mentioning something about the Ouya... and then you were thinking of optimizing the game for newer devices? Or am I remembering wrong...?

Anyway... if you guys don't have this yet - you should definitely check it out. It's one of my favorite physics games on the iOS. Definitely unique, challenging and loads of fun!
Still can't make any promises (didn't do too hot on Ouya), but I'm getting an iPhone 5S soon so there's a chance it might motivate me.
11-15-2013, 03:30 PM
#4
Joined: Jul 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 3,693




Last edited by mrbiggles; 11-15-2013 at 03:32 PM.
11-15-2013, 06:28 PM
#5
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: a[V-O-I-D]
Posts: 14,104
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTown View Post
Still can't make any promises (didn't do too hot on Ouya), but I'm getting an iPhone 5S soon so there's a chance it might motivate me.
Darn. Sorry to hear that this didn't do too well over there either. I will say that I've got a whole lot of respect for you sticking with it though. Not many do...

I really hope that it all pays off relatively soon. I'm sure you've got loads of great ideas for more games just bouncing around your head... after playing FishMoto, I'm definitely hoping to see more from Overpowered Games. =o)
11-16-2013, 03:03 PM
#6
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
Darn. Sorry to hear that this didn't do too well over there either. I will say that I've got a whole lot of respect for you sticking with it though. Not many do...

I really hope that it all pays off relatively soon. I'm sure you've got loads of great ideas for more games just bouncing around your head... after playing FishMoto, I'm definitely hoping to see more from Overpowered Games. =o)
I'm working on a new iOS game that should be released in a few months -- it's a collaboration with a client so the game wasn't my idea, but I've had a lot of influence on the game design and I've done almost all the level design and programming -- shaping up to be a lot of fun. Will hopefully be able to start showing it off soon

I've also been making a prototype for the next game I'll be releasing as Overpowered Games, but that won't be a mobile game -- will be a competitive FPS for PC/Mac and maybe consoles, but you know me, it'll have plenty of crazy ideas

Last edited by JTown; 11-16-2013 at 03:11 PM.