★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Pencil Baseball released...but it's all in Japanese.

08-04-2009, 04:44 PM
Pencil Baseball released...but it's all in Japanese.

Pencil Baseball was just released. Luckily it's free because there seems to be a problem of sorts; It's all in Japanese. Not sure if this is a mistake, intentional, or what. I downloaded it and have no freaking idea how to play. Anyone who reads Japanese give it a shot? Anyway, thought you might get a kick out of the find.

iTunes link [Free]

(astrosaurus.com - My iPhone Games Blog)
(@astrosaurusblog - Twitter Account)
08-04-2009, 04:45 PM
........TBO i wouldnt even get it if it was in english.
08-05-2009, 07:24 AM
There's really nothing to it. I'm guessing that's why it was free.

Basically you have two options on the home screen.

-Play/set up

Hitting the first button (as pictured above) will bring you to a screen that allows you to choose between 1 or 2 players and assign those to either "Player" or "Com"puter. Obviously, if you're playing alone, just leave it as the default. Below that you can change the number of innings by clicking the + or -.

Then hit the button on the bottom of the screen to start playing.

-Instructions

A VERY brief tutorial that basically tells you to flick the pencil in either direction to score runs.

That's pretty much it. You don't need to understand a lick of Japanese to play. Just flick the pencil a few times and watch what happens. You'll get a single, double, triple, homerun, ball, foul, or strike. After your third out, the computer gets to go. This is where the fun really starts as you're unable to do anything but watch them...

In short, the game is devoid of any strategy or fun. And I love Japanese things!

Last edited by KSC; 08-05-2009 at 07:27 AM.