Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-17-2013, 01:18 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

Default Fight Fight Zombanite! - (by MojoBox Games) [Universal]

Youtube link | Pop Up

I'll post impressions soon
Old 11-17-2013, 03:38 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

So this game is fun, if perhaps a bit unpolished. The devs are listening to feedback and watching this thread as well. The game is set across an overmap with 50 missions, each from a certain pool of objectives. You may have to collect supplies, rescue a survivor, or simply drive (in a Zombie Highway-esque style)

You choose from a group of characters in the beginning (Hitchhiker, Cop, etc,), each has two unique abilities. For example, the cop has a Taser Shot and Taser Slam while the Enginner can craft an automated turret or send out a roller mines that home in on zombies. Your characters will level up, as will their abilities, and as you rescue survivors, your group will grow, eventually allowing you to take five characters out on a mission

Controls are standard tactical style, you can select one or more characters and then tap the ground to make them move to that position. Some abilities are passive, others like the turret can be activated where you wish. Aside from the driving missions, the game is strategic squad-based gameplay with some tower defense elements. Zombies will come from various angles and it's critical to watch flanks and guard chokepoints. And you won't just be fighting shambling undead; dive-bombing birds, hordes of hunched sprinters, healing zombies that buff the surrounding enemies, are some of the other enemies you'll encounter.

Maps are not the biggest, but they're certainly unique, ranging from shipping crate-littered docks to small towns to open plazas. There's a cool effect as the world loads, up with scenery and structures popping up from the ground. The human characters don't have the best visuals, but most of the time you'll be playing from a top down perspective so that's only really noticeable in menus.

The camera could be tightened up a bit more, and there's a small issue with scavenging missions (you have 60 seconds, but the timer starts before you have control of your character). Not sure how the replayability will be in the long run, but I'm enjoying the game.

Edit: and no IAP as far as I can tell

Last edited by Bronxsta; 11-17-2013 at 05:17 PM..
Old 11-17-2013, 04:55 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

And even better: there are three-mission side quests to earn new survivors.
Old 11-17-2013, 05:11 PM

Hey guys , I am one of the devs and decided to leave you here with some review codes for you to try our game out.

If you have any feedback please email Mojoboxgames@gmail.com!

3WK4TEM9P3RT
H9LA3MRN7PN4
JFMHYAK4A9TW
3JJ3FJW3FWHX
H4TT3EH4HJ3N
9R4TA6RR3X6R
3PXL9LKKKWFK
EWHXKXHWHHP9
7XTY4XPJRNE6
67NAHTJKXPJT
JFWHPRFY9J64
LFRLNPYLK76W
Old 11-17-2013, 07:26 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

I relinquished code JFWHPRFY9J64 from you! I will definitely respond with some feedback and a proper critique when I get the chance! Thanks for the codes and developing what looks to be an interesting game!
Old 11-17-2013, 07:49 PM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

EWHXKXHWHHP9 taken, many many thanks.
Old 11-17-2013, 07:57 PM
In Time-Out
iPhone 4S

3PXL9LKKKWFK used. From Bronxta's impressions, sounds interesting and different than most zombie games. Thanks!
Old 11-17-2013, 08:26 PM
In Time-Out
iPhone 4S

There's potential here but it does have some tough edges. On the tutorial mission, for instance, it tells you to drag with one finger to move the camera. But a few seconds later, when it tells you to collect supplies, I couldn't move the camera back to where my character was. And thought selecting the character would reset then camera back, but it doesn't.

During the mission to rescue another character (the one that plants traps), the timer counting down to start kept coming back on - three or four times.

The touch movement works well. The graphics aren't great but are serviceable. The RPG-like leveling up and skills are a good addition. I think with some more work, this could be a good entry in the crowded zombie genre.
Old 11-18-2013, 07:15 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

I'll pretty much echo what awp69 said. The timer issue needs to be addressed because you lose a good 4-5 seconds waiting to be able to move which could equate to a few more supplies during those missions. The controls are decent and work well and while not complex, the developer chose swarm tactics to ramp up difficulty which seems okay I guess.

My biggest qualm would be mission diversity. While it has perhaps 6 different missions types they just don't feel diverse enough. Perhaps two other types of mission types would be nice. Other than that, this is a decent game that with some more love and polish could be awesome! Right now it is pretty decent with lots of potential!
Old 11-18-2013, 09:53 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Redeemed H4TT3EH4HJ3N, all the codes below it have been redeemed. Thank You