Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-18-2013, 03:42 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Default Spell Sam Spell -Spelling Game for Kids (iPad) Endless Runner

Hi Touch Arcaders,

Launched our kids Learning app: Spell Sam Spell- iPad Spelling Game for Kids, its free for 1st week, so I thought of sharing it with you as you might find it useful.

The Game play trailer is here:

Please let us know your reviews here or preferably on the appstore.

Thanks
Old 11-18-2013, 09:17 AM

Default Not So Bad :)

Tried it out and when you spell the words aren't you supposed to have a small picture of the word, so that kids learn what they are spelling? Also what stops you from strolling along the bottom of the screen all the time? It would be good to put some obstacles to make the child jump more often. Anyway I'm going to try it out in the some lessons tomorrow and see their reaction. Thanks for coming up with another neat way to learn spelling.
Old 11-25-2013, 03:13 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

When I saw your game, I initially thought of Z-Type and wondered if I would have to tapon the letters to keep the plane/hero flying.

I think the game should either focus the kid's attention on the spelling or the handling of the plane. Right now it kind of feels like both. However that is just my feeling from the trailer. I need to try it out and see

I like that you have word quests that you must complete.
Old 11-30-2013, 04:44 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Hi, tried the game with my kids, they don't yet know the letters, but they were having fun nevertheless. Couple of suggestions:

I think you should make the letters more visible in the flying bubbles. Maybe you could use more contrast, and make the padding slightly bigger, so the letters a clearly separated from the border of the bubble.

I agree with Bleau. The current controlling is a bit hard. What if you change it so, that your runner will try to reach the height, where your fingers are. That way you still have to catch the letters, but it would be easier to steer your runner to them.

I think the letters that form the words should come more often, and other letters should be more random, not just the same one coming 3 times in a row.

Make the different vehicles behave differently or it's no point in upgrading, other than the visuals. Maybe they could have varying size "collectors" so you can grab more of the coins in the bonus level.

Regards,
Balázs

p.s. check out my project as well - www.fourios.com - feedback is welcome
Old 12-04-2013, 11:58 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Default Thank You

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSTYO82 View Post
Tried it out and when you spell the words aren't you supposed to have a small picture of the word, so that kids learn what they are spelling? Also what stops you from strolling along the bottom of the screen all the time? It would be good to put some obstacles to make the child jump more often. Anyway I'm going to try it out in the some lessons tomorrow and see their reaction. Thanks for coming up with another neat way to learn spelling.
Thanks for the feedback and I apologize for the delay was busy tweaking the game.

Please let us know how it with your lessons and what were their reaction.

Regarding your inputs,

1. Small Picture of the word?

->Small picture of the word will distract from the game, the objective being to control the player to select only the right alphabets in a sequence.We felt that the audio pronunciation was enough to emphasize the word. Maybe for a younger age group,it would work if we showed pictures?

2. Also what stops you from strolling along the bottom of the screen all the time? It would be good to put some obstacles to make the child jump more often.

->If the child select 5 wrong words , the game ends.So if he strolls along the bottom(or top) , he will definitely hit wrong alphabets and the game will end.
The wrong alphabets are the obstacles in this case, we kept wrong alphabet selection to 5 to enable the child to make mistakes and still carry on.

Lastly, Right now,its more of a teaching aid rather than a substitute for
teaching words. Having said that, the inputs we have received so far we are trying to incorporate some of them in the game next update.

Thanks
Old 12-05-2013, 12:08 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Default Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleau View Post
When I saw your game, I initially thought of Z-Type and wondered if I would have to tapon the letters to keep the plane/hero flying.

I think the game should either focus the kid's attention on the spelling or the handling of the plane. Right now it kind of feels like both. However that is just my feeling from the trailer. I need to try it out and see

I like that you have word quests that you must complete.
Thanks for writing back. As mentioned, currently, its a alphabet learning aid rather than a substitute.

Please do let us know your game play experience.

Thanks,
AK