★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Cyto's Puzzle Adventure coming to Android!

11-18-2013, 10:11 AM
Cyto's Puzzle Adventure coming to Android!

Hey guys! We are indie game development studio Room 8 and we are happy to announce that our game Cyto’s Puzzle Adventure, that was released earlier this year on the iOS and PC, is coming soon for Android devices on Google Play!

Hope you’ll like it as much as Cyto’s gamers on iOS and PC.

Cyto’s Puzzle Adventure is a casual physics based puzzle game that tells a story of a cute little hero called Cyto who wakes up in beautiful world filled with mentally engaging challenges and mysteries.

You’ll need your puzzle-solving skills and an accurate flinging finger to overcome all dangers in Cyto’s way. There are lots of solutions to every puzzle and you willl be surprised by how many options you’ll have.

Key Features
• 81 Levels of puzzling fun
• Cute character with a great story
• Stunning sound and artistic design
• Haunting soundtrack by the renowned David Ari Leon
• Great fun for gamers of all ages and abilities

Trailer

Screenshots

The game is scheduled to release in the late november, the exact date is coming soon!
I look forward to hearing from you. I can answer your questions here or you can visit the official Cyto’s Facebook page.

Last edited by MikeNintendo; 11-29-2013 at 04:00 AM.
11-18-2013, 04:29 PM
I reported what I think is a bug in the iOS version, directly to Room 8 a couple weeks ago but have received absolutely no response. The layout of the worlds and spikes on my iPad 3rd gen device (running the latest iOS 6) changes with each reload of a level. It makes it near impossible (I would say definitely impossible given my experience with one level in particular) to 3 star some of the levels that require more precise movements within strict tolerances (like some of the gold bonus ones). Given the wide variety of Android devices, I expect the problem will be worse on that platform.

Have you investigated this variable positions problem? I've documented it with a couple pictures on the game's iOS thread. I also noted that the level layout for a few levels were completely different on my iPad than shown in the walkthrough that exists online, so you can't follow those suggestions for solutions. Any chance of seeing some device-specific solutions posted?

Last edited by dclose; 11-18-2013 at 04:53 PM.

11-21-2013, 09:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dclose View Post
I reported what I think is a bug in the iOS version, directly to Room 8 a couple weeks ago but have received absolutely no response. The layout of the worlds and spikes on my iPad 3rd gen device (running the latest iOS 6) changes with each reload of a level. It makes it near impossible (I would say definitely impossible given my experience with one level in particular) to 3 star some of the levels that require more precise movements within strict tolerances (like some of the gold bonus ones). Given the wide variety of Android devices, I expect the problem will be worse on that platform.

Have you investigated this variable positions problem? I've documented it with a couple pictures on the game's iOS thread. I also noted that the level layout for a few levels were completely different on my iPad than shown in the walkthrough that exists online, so you can't follow those suggestions for solutions. Any chance of seeing some device-specific solutions posted?

Sorry for the inconvinience, we’ve submitted this bug to the team, and now we have the answer.

The spiked virus cell, like you’ve noticed, sometimes changes its place with a little bit of deviation. Probably the problem is related to a spinning cell, where Cyto is located. This leads to a situtation when the spiked cell sometimes kills the character at the upper position of the spinning cell.
But still, it doesn’t interfere with completing the level with all three memory fragments being gathered.

Most of the Cyto’s levels have more than one “critical path” for a level completion. We’ve tested the level you’ve mentioned, and we confirm that you still can complete it with all three memory fragments.

Last edited by MikeNintendo; 11-21-2013 at 11:19 AM.
11-21-2013, 10:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeNintendo View Post
We’ve tested the level you’ve mentioned, and we confirm that you still can complete it with all three memory fragments.
Did you test it on an iPad 3rd gen device? I ask because the layout is slightly different between even 3rd gen and 4th gen iPads. If you can get it to 3-star on a 3rd gen (Bonus 2-2 specifically), would you please outline the method used to do so? I can 2-star that level, but not 3-star it as the "memory fragment" that sits on the lower left is never, ever close enough to the "planet" to grab while it spins. Not on my iPad 3rd gen device.

Thanks for confirming the bug, but I'd like to point out it happens with other elements on the level too, such as the distance separating the "memory fragment" from the "planets". On the levels with tighter designs, the change can be enough so that sometimes(/often) you can't grab the fragment as illustrated in the video walkthrough, or using a method you've discovered on your own, consistently. While there might be more than one way to solve the level, such changes on a per-load basis are definitely irritating. I don't expect my games to "cheat"!

Edit: You might consider adding the descriptor, "dynamic environment", to the app listing. It suggests more strongly to the user that the environments can change. That way folks like me aren't so disappointed when they realize the levels can change physical layout between reloads. This doesn't happen with other physics games I play, so I certainly wasn't expecting it here!

Last edited by dclose; 11-22-2013 at 03:46 PM. Reason: added wording suggestion
11-25-2013, 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dclose View Post
Did you test it on an iPad 3rd gen device? I ask because the layout is slightly different between even 3rd gen and 4th gen iPads. If you can get it to 3-star on a 3rd gen (Bonus 2-2 specifically), would you please outline the method used to do so? I can 2-star that level, but not 3-star it as the "memory fragment" that sits on the lower left is never, ever close enough to the "planet" to grab while it spins. Not on my iPad 3rd gen device.

Thanks for confirming the bug, but I'd like to point out it happens with other elements on the level too, such as the distance separating the "memory fragment" from the "planets". On the levels with tighter designs, the change can be enough so that sometimes(/often) you can't grab the fragment as illustrated in the video walkthrough, or using a method you've discovered on your own, consistently. While there might be more than one way to solve the level, such changes on a per-load basis are definitely irritating. I don't expect my games to "cheat"!

Edit: You might consider adding the descriptor, "dynamic environment", to the app listing. It suggests more strongly to the user that the environments can change. That way folks like me aren't so disappointed when they realize the levels can change physical layout between reloads. This doesn't happen with other physics games I play, so I certainly wasn't expecting it here!

We've made two video-walkthroughs where Cyto doesn't touch the zone you've mentioned. In both videos all three memories are collected and both of the videos were done on iPad 3 gen.

Here's a dropbox link:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0j993891o46f4g7/_u67ed4j4K#/
11-25-2013, 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeNintendo View Post
We've made two video-walkthroughs where Cyto doesn't touch the zone you've mentioned. In both videos all three memories are collected and both of the videos were done on iPad 3 gen.
Thank you! I appreciate that. It helps immensely. Please do consider mentioning in the app description that Cyto's environment can change, because I definitely wasn't expecting that and I know I'm not the only one. The difference might be bigger on Android due to the wide variety of device sizes.

Edit: The method shown in the second video is not consistently repeatable, btw. It's one of those where you have to get the "right" load so that the second shot up past the spike doesn't burst Cyto. It's not a matter of Cyto getting too close, it's a matter of following exactly the same path gives different results depending on how the level loads the "distances" each time. So I'll be sticking with the first method, which does appear to be consistently repeatable.

My point being, consistency and repeatability is something I expect from my physics games and being "off" like this is disconcerting. Since it appears to be by design, some "user education" seems warranted via the app description.

Last edited by dclose; 11-25-2013 at 10:53 AM.
12-26-2013, 05:49 AM
Artstyle look nice, get it and try.