★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Street Fighter x ALL CAPCOM [Japan only]

11-19-2013, 03:36 AM
Street Fighter x ALL CAPCOM [Japan only]

http://www.sf-ac.jp/pc/

11-19-2013, 12:33 PM
it doesn't work... choose a character from the Capcom list is the last thing i can do... then nothing more!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	203.9 KB
ID:	65851  

11-19-2013, 12:46 PM
Is Dino Crisis in this?
11-19-2013, 03:16 PM
Game Impressions

12-04-2013, 12:45 AM
Game Impressions

I'm fluent in Japanese and I came across this when browsing the Japanese App Store, so I'll post my impressions of this.

The short story is that you ain't missing much. I can never get into these card collection type "games" which really are just glorified slot machines to me. Yet they seem to be the top grossing apps so go figure.

If you're a Capcom fan or are familiar with some of the franchises, the cards are recognizable and well drawn in a puzzle fighter-y way and it's sort of fun to see what cards you get. The card battling system, like many other games in this genre, is ridiculously convoluted with meters representing stats that presumably tell you how much you can play, and the card stats and special abilities themselves. There's even an in-game quiz that tests your knowledge of the card system but it's still like whoosh over my head - don't care, just gimme loot

The card battles - I have absolutely no idea what actually happens nor do I really care. It'd be nice if the battles are fun to watch, but they're really just floating cards animating so you usually end up skipping the sequences to say 'just gimme the loot'. There's some strategy involved in setting up your deck but the interface to do it is rather cumbersome (why can't I drag cards around?) so you're inclined to just auto arrange them by strength or whatever just so you can pull the lever on the slot machine.

So far i haven't hit a IAP wall and they seem pretty generous in giving out medals to get more cards with.

The music is probably the best part of the game - there's street fighter, mega man, Phoenix Wright, all the memorable tunes appear and it's actually nice to hear remixed themes. Wouldn't it be cool if they released a fighter with all the capcom chars instead? Oh wait, that would make it a real game and we can't have that can we?
12-04-2013, 01:00 AM
@digits:
Can you post a screen of the dino crisis charecters avalible please?
12-05-2013, 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by saansilt View Post
@digits:
Can you post a screen of the dino crisis charecters avalible please?
Hmm don't think Dino Crisis is represented in this game.

Here are the games, in ranked order:
1. Street Fighter
2. Rockman (Megaman)
3. Gyakuten Saiban (Ace Attorney)
4. Devil May Cry
5. Vampire (Darkstalkers)
6. Monster Hunter
7. Biohazard (Resident Evil)
8. Justice Gakuen (Rival Schools?)
9. Sengoku Basara (?)
10. Ookami
11. Breath of Fire
12. Final Fight
13. Makaimura (Ghosts and Goblins)
14. Onimusha
15. Cyberbots
16. Ghost Trick
17. Strider Hiryu
18. Viewtiful Joe
19. Lost Planet
20. Asura's Wrath
21. MonHan Nikki Poka Poka Airu Mura (some monster hunter spinoff)
22. 1942
23. SonSon
12-05-2013, 08:57 PM
Online-only?