★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Doodie Cycle's first release - iFloat - NOT the pen!

08-04-2009, 08:56 PM
Doodie Cycle's first release - iFloat - NOT the pen!

Hello touch Arcade! I've got a new game to frustrate you - but in a good way!

We just released our first application " iFloat " (not the pen) and it's available on the App Store. I'm all out of demo codes at the moment but when we release our next version - very soon - I'll come back and drop a few on the forum for you.

Please check out iFloat and let us know how you like it and if you'd like to see any changes. We currently have iFloat on sale for 99 cents while we are working on the next version.

We will be updating iFloat to have global high scores, as well as Facebook integration of the high scores. There will also be updates to the game itself including various achievement awards.

This is the link to the app (and video) on our website http://www.doodiecycle.com/iFloat.html

And this is the link to the App store:
http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/M...322962469&mt=8

We hope you enjoy the game - it's very challenging...especially at first, but once you get the hang of it you'll have a lot of fun. We had several ideas for a first app - but this one was the most unique. I don't know of another iPhone game like it.

So you think you have more than a little hand-eye coordination?
Better than average fine motor skills ?
We’ll be the judge of that.

Take hold of your iPhone or iPod touch and see if you have what
it takes to master iFloat, the game that’s simple toplay – but
incredibly difficult to master. It is without a doubt the ultimate “finesse” game.

* Tilt your iPhone or iPod touch to control fan speed
* Keep the ball in the green to score points
* The longer you are in the green the higher your multipliers go
* Hit the yellow and start losing points
* Touch the red and the game is over
* See how many points you can score in 2 minutes

Prepare yourself for what may be the ultimate time waster thanks to iFloat’s unique gameplay mechanics, vivid graphics, and music. Relaxing while frustrating, calming while nerve-wracking, and absolutely - utterly addictive !

Download iFloat now and waste your life away - 2 minutes at a time.
08-04-2009, 09:04 PM
http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=322962469&mt=8 is the working link.
Welcome to TA!

Games, games, games..
GameCenter ID: GkCHN
Add me! :]

08-04-2009, 09:05 PM
We all float down here...
08-04-2009, 09:06 PM
Any screenshots or a video?
08-04-2009, 09:07 PM
08-04-2009, 09:11 PM
imo not trying to belittle the dev work, i don't know how this would keep my attention for 2 minutes. Might check it out to see if it changes my mind/

You can contact me @ Skyye06@gmail.com
08-04-2009, 09:13 PM
not the pen? huh?
08-04-2009, 09:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyye06 View Post
Thanks for the video link checking it out now

wow finally hit 100 posts
08-04-2009, 09:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyye06 View Post
imo not trying to belittle the dev work, i don't know how this would keep my attention for 2 minutes. Might check it out to see if it changes my mind/
You won't hurt my feelings When we were working on this game we wanted something unique, simple, and challenging.

Well I don't know of another game out there like it - we've scrapped several ideas as our next project because they are so much like another game that's already popular.

And yes it's simple... You KNOW what you have to do... but do you actually have the motor skills to do it? Lots of people who play arcade "shoot 'em ups" THINK they have eye hand coordination... but this game may be an eye opener.

So there's the challenge - and half the people I handed this to while it was in development got frustrated and handed it back to me. The other half could instantly play it. I don't know what makes some people able to play it right away and others seem hopeless - but that's the case. However with some practice even some of my most hopeless friends got the hang of it and then we were all competing to see who could score the highest.

In our next release we will have detailed stats such as - how long you had 1x, 2x, 3x, etc. And how long you managed to stay in the green - what percentage in other colors, and a requested "bail" button to take you back to the main menu if you want to quit.

Then we'll be working on the global high scores which is when it should get fun. Maybe a little competition may be in order to see who can score the highest worldwide.

Anyway thanks for the welcome -and NO IT'S NOT THE PEN It's a game that will make your hair fall out until you become one with it. Then it's very soothing. The movements you use are very, very small. It will seem like mind control as you will the ball up and down the screen.

Good luck and I'll see you around.
J.T.
http://www.doodiecycle.com/iFloat.html