Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-19-2013, 02:42 PM

Default Zuki's Quest - a turn based Puzzle Platformer - (by Tiny Touch Tales)

Quote:
NZ Release info :

The Game is out in New Zealand. It should be out in US at about 11 PM EST and Europe at around 12 AM UK time. Size of the app is 31.7 MB.

Price in NZ is Free.

Requirements :

Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Zuki's Quest is a mobile, turn-based puzzle platformer. Solve challenging puzzles by controlling the gravity and helping Zuki to free a mysterious island from its ancient curse.

Story

Zuki and her hummingbird, Pico, travel to a mysterious island. The gods have tasked the island-dwellers to collect the golden idols from the temples and sacrifice them for their amusement. On Zuki's arrival, the island-dwellers capture and try to cook her, but instead, the wise island chief decides to send Zuki on this difficult endeavor. Of course, those temples have plenty of traps, poisoned spikes, falling blocks and long-forgotten ghosts. From here, the adventure begins...

About

Zuki's Quest is a mobile, turn-based puzzle platformer. You solve puzzles by changing the gravity and moving Zuki through the levels. Every move can have multiple consequences and it's always good to think about where to jump next. With a limited number of moves per level and plenty of mind-bending challenges, Zuki's Quest is great game for puzzle lovers!

The game is free to download and the first 24 Levels in the Jungle Temple are ready to play. You can unlock each additional temple by buying a single key from the Shop Keeper. You can also buy the Master Key, which will unlock all currently available temples and every temple that Zuki will discover in later updates!

Zuki's Quest Features

+ Innovative mechanic to solve puzzles
+ Simple swipe controls
+ Physics-based gameplay
+ Beautiful Game Art
+ 72 challenging Levels
+ Game-Center Achievements
+ Easy to learn, hard to master

If you like to know more about Zuki's Quest & Tinytouchtales, visit www.tinytouchtales.com
iPhone Screenshots

Last edited by Sanuku; 11-19-2013 at 03:16 PM..
Old 11-19-2013, 03:03 PM
Banned
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

I beta tested this. It's reminiscent of games like Quell, but more in the vein of a puzzle platformer. You swipe to change gravity, allowing you to move around the screen and collect coins to complete each level. Like in Quell, once you start moving in a direction, you can't stop till you hit a wall so planning and some spatial awareness is required. There are myriad hazards across the worlds: blocks that can crush you (but might have to moved around the level so you can access areas), platforms that break after you land on them twice, spikes, grasping hands that protrude from surfaces at certain intervals, and more.

The art style is charming, and there are cool touches such as how vines and other environment elements react to the changes in gravity. But this is a challenging puzzle game with a nice amount of content.

As for IAP, for beta testers, all levels were unlocked, but I believe that IAP was simply a full game unlock. Dev said this during testing, not sure if any changes were made:
Quote:
"We do have IAP purchases for temple 2 and 3 as one time 99 cents each, or both and every coming update for $2.99"
Old 11-19-2013, 03:49 PM

Anyone else having strange Lags at the End of each Level on their iPhone 5s/iPad Air/iPad Mini Retina?

Each time I finish a Level the first Coin loads but you can hear the second or the third load too and then the Game takes a break and after a short while load actually the Icons and then I can keep going on.

Is this a Bug or is it just the Game loading the next Level at the most odd moment?
Old 11-19-2013, 03:50 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

I like Quell type games, gotta give this one a whirl.
Old 11-19-2013, 04:33 PM

Default Game Impressions

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 11-20-2013, 10:47 AM

Thanks Sanuku for vid, grab it now
Old 11-21-2013, 02:09 AM

Can someone clarify the IAP situation?

As the game is freemium, the app description suggests that you need to purchase a key to open the second and third world. Yet, iTunes does not list any IAP?

Which is correct?
Old 11-21-2013, 05:05 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Send a message via Skype™ to Tinytouchtales

Hello!

Dev of this game here

The iAp works like this:
You can unlock each temple individually by paying $0.99 or you can
unlock both and every temple that will come in future updates for $2.99.

We are working on the 4th Temple already!

For the lags in the Scoringscreen: it's a bug, i already submitted a fix to the App Store with some additional balancing changes, hopefully it will get approved quickly.
Old 12-08-2013, 03:01 AM

I guess there wont be any new content. You think paying customers as "collateral damage" after all. http://www.tinytouchtales.com/
Old 12-08-2013, 03:23 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke12 View Post
I guess there wont be any new content. You think paying customers as "collateral damage" after all. http://www.tinytouchtales.com/
I think it is more a poor grasp of english.

I am interested to see how change of pricing effects sales. I am not sure it will have the effect they want, but clearly it isn't close to supporting development costs as it is.

conversion for IAP is really hard.

Last edited by Destined; 12-08-2013 at 04:05 AM..