★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: A mighty battle for the highest run record! Tap to smash the ball over the fence and bring cricketing glory to your nation! Compete in weekly leagues and use huge power-ups and earn combos for massive scores. It's all about the big hits - timing is everything!

- Choose from 5 different batters, all with unique abilities
- Choose your nation and compete in weekly national and world wide leagues
- 4 power-ups (Extra Delivery, Easy Hitter, Strike Zone, Power Hungry)
- Combo bonuses (Steel Stumps, Extra Ball, 6 On Next Hit and Double Runs on Next Hit)
- Access your all time stats (runs scored, sixes hit, strike rate and more)

UpperClassWalrus's comments:

A mighty battle for the highest run record! Tap to smash the ball over the fence as you face 6 balls from the worlds best bowlers. Its all about big hits - timing is everything!

Get an edge with epic power-ups and earn combo bonuses to max out your score.

Challenge your friends in Game Center and compete for ultimate cricket glory!

Features

- 4 power-ups (Extra Delivery, Easy Hitter, Strike Zone, Power Hungry)
- Combo bonus (Steel Stumps, Extra Ball, 6 on Next Hit and Double Runs on Next Hit)
- Customisable team colours
- Challenge your friends with Game Center Leaderboards
- Access to your all-time stats (runs scored, sixes hit, strike rate and more)

11-20-2013, 08:13 AM
Hope you enjoy the game, guys. We'd love to hear your feedback and are keen to answer any questions you have, so ask away!

11-20-2013, 03:04 PM
Gave this a quick play. I'm always on the lookout for a good cricket game.

The gameplay is very simple: tap anywhere to swing. Swing at the right time and you get a six, slightly early or late and you get a four, otherwise you get zero and lose a wicket.

Each game consists of a six ball over and lasts a couple of minutes. If you get a six, you get an extra ball; if you get four sides in a row, you earn a power up for your next shot. Losing a wicket has no discernible effect other than the loss of a ball.

There are also four power ups which you can enable before a round. These last the whole round and can be used for free but are on 40 minute timers. You can skip the wait for 2 ducks (the in-game currency). Ducks can also be used to buy extra balls at the end of a round.

The ducks are handed out fairly often in game (possibly for centuries and half-centuries - I'm not sure).

That's about it. You can't bowl or field, there's no running or stealing a quick single, no wides or LBW. There are no teams or tournaments, no mission structure to encourage replays.

I did like the music and sound and I quite like the simple graphical style. For me though, it isn't deep enough to keep my interest for any length of time.
11-20-2013, 04:36 PM
Are there leagues?
11-20-2013, 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meslomeslo View Post
Are there leagues?
Not at the moment sorry, but it's a good idea and might come in a future update

Fort Meow - Coming 25 June, 2015 to iPad and PC

Fort Meow
Upper Class Walrus

Follow me on Twitter! @rhysdee
12-03-2013, 04:49 PM
Wow! Thanks to everyone playing Mighty Cricket! We've seen bit of success on the Aus, UK and NZ app stores (certainly much more than we ever expected) and It's been awesome reading everyone's feedback. It's really motivated us to keep working on the game. Pretty much since it's been released we've been working on a big update to add leagues.

Soon, you'll be able to choose a county to play for and compete against your team-mates on a weekly leader board and each team's average will then ranked on the Global leader board.

We're looking to get this update out of the door as soon as possible so be on the look out!

12-03-2013, 05:47 PM
Great game, terrific casual gaming at its best.
02-12-2014, 08:38 PM

We've just released a big update! We've added 5 new batters with unique bonuses like free power ups, free continues and Duck Doublers!

We've also lowered the cost of power ups so you can keep hitting sixes for longer.

Let us know what you think and don't forget to review it on the App Store if you like it.

Cheers guys!
03-02-2014, 05:51 PM
Is there any plans too add a few different bowlers?