★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: The Legend of Equip > Pants is an episodic, puntastic pantsventure RPG where instead of equipping and upgrading a sword, you have to equip and upgrade your pants.

Enjoy each 15-20 minute Equip > Pants quest much like you would comics or a cartoon episode on TV. See if you can unlock all the secrets in every quest. Play again and again until you complete 100% of each episode.

**Now Playing**
- Special Mini-Episode: Panta Claus!
- Episode 1: The Underwerewolf
- Episode 2: Pantsylvania, Part 1

More episodes to come!

Sanuku's comments:
Quote:
NZ Release info :

The Game is out in New Zealand. It should be out in US at about 11 PM EST and Europe at around 12 AM UK time. Size of the app is 9.7 MB.

Price in NZ is Free.

Requirements :
Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.

The Legend of Equip > Pants is an episodic, puntastic pantsventure RPG where instead of equipping and upgrading a sword, you have to equip and upgrade your pants.

Enjoy each 15-20 minute Equip > Pants quest much like you would comics or a cartoon episode on TV. See if you can unlock all the secrets in every quest. Play again and again until you complete 100% of each episode.

**Now Playing**
- Episode 1: The Underwerewolf
- Episode 2: Pantsylvania, Part 1

More episodes to come!
iPhone Screenshots

11-20-2013, 07:33 AM
I really dont understand... Where do these devs get the idea of putting the dpad on the right side of the screen?

Sad, this looks really good... But it's free. And we know 99% of the time free doesnt mean free.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword

11-20-2013, 07:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
I really dont understand... Where do these devs get the idea of putting the dpad on the right side of the screen?
Nothing wrong with that, just as long as they also include the option to have the pad on the left. Which they don't. And should. :P

Quote:
Sad, this looks really good... But it's free. And we know 99% of the time free doesnt mean free.
It does in this case. There's an entirely optional "support the developer" IAP in the form of drinks you can buy a character representing the developer at the bar in the game, but there's no IAP or pricetag otherwise.

Can't hug every cat.
11-20-2013, 07:47 AM
Quote:

Hmmm that is strange, I hope you can flip it to the other side of the screen.
11-20-2013, 07:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oooooomonkey View Post
Hmmm that is strange, I hope you can flip it to the other side of the screen.
You could play upside down
11-20-2013, 07:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Appletini View Post
It does in this case. There's an entirely optional "support the developer" IAP in the form of drinks you can buy a character representing the developer at the bar in the game, but there's no IAP or pricetag otherwise.
Nice to know this belongs to the 1% then.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
11-20-2013, 07:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCho133 View Post
You could play upside down
Or inside out.

11-20-2013, 07:55 AM
Quote:

Played a couple other games recently with the "right-side d-pad" thing... didn't enjoy it, wondered why it was there, tried to adapt... didn't work out.

Buuut... "Equip--Hammerpants?" Yeah, I'll need to take a look at this... "can't touch this... dun, dun dun dun, dun dun, dun dun, can't touch this..."

DBC

I could never give up.

Last edited by Drummerboycroy; 11-20-2013 at 07:56 AM. Reason: misread...
11-20-2013, 08:07 AM
Quote:

Same here. Again its such a strange decision, even if you can flip it (please) why show it on the right in the screenshots.

Sometimes i dont understand devs ! Surely you would look at similar games to see how good they are/how they play etc.

I'll wait for impressions but d-pad on the right ? Big no no
11-20-2013, 08:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Appletini View Post
That's a relief; I half expected that the developer character would proceed to whip off his pants and offer it as a consumable or something.