★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Strand is a new and unique puzzle game. Bend and stretch through absorbing, compelling obstacles in an attempt to connect the elements of each level. A broad selection of levels is included for free, from simple yet fun puzzles to intricate scenarios with multiple game features. For the true puzzle master, additional packs are available to purchase in-game.

Bronxsta's comments:

From what I've read, game seems reminiscent of Trainyard but with its own unique mechanic

Quote:
Click on a circle to start a line, then click again on the destination circle to create a strand. The the circles need to share a color, and strands can't touch one another. The number within each circle is how many connections each hub needs in order to solve the puzzle. Click and drag over a line to make it disappear, or click the reset button at the top to completely start over.

Strand gradually adds difficulty to become challenging without being overwhelming, especially with option to skip a puzzle if you get stuck. While you start with just the basics, there are soon multiple colors, walls in your way, and pegs to wind around.
11-20-2013, 03:06 PM
Okay, this game is pretty good. The first 50 levels are free and then there are three extra level packs, each $1.99.

Actually the game is nothing like Trainyard. In each level, you have a certain amount of numbered nodes. The numbers indicate how many links each nodes needs. So a 1 node can only be linked once, while a 2 node can link to two 1 nodes or be linked to twice. There are barriers that block strands, pegs that can be used to bend your strand around barriers, and more. I definitely recommend giving this game a try

Last edited by Bronxsta; 11-20-2013 at 04:32 PM.

11-20-2013, 04:06 PM
This looks really cool. I'll definitely try it
11-20-2013, 04:23 PM
Wow. One of my favorite puzzle games in a while
11-20-2013, 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCho133 View Post
Wow. One of my favorite puzzle games in a while
Spread the word! I'm enjoying it a lot as well. Going to buy one or two level packs
11-20-2013, 05:55 PM
I'm torn over this one. I really like the game, but I've flown through the free levels pretty rapidly. I don't think any level has taken more than a minute. 1.49 for another 20 or 30 levels seems like quite an ask if they might be over in 15-20 minutes. Has anyone tried the Masterpack?
11-20-2013, 05:58 PM
Haven't bought any packs yet, still working my way through the free levels. I do wish there was an overall discount IAP, with all the packs included, but there isn't unfortunately
11-22-2013, 03:46 AM
Oh the icon totally isn't trying to look like Skype or anything, course not :P